Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > why the Jeep icon is not available for...
why the Jeep icon is not available for diagnostic? where to go?

3155 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: 2014-03-14 13:25:53

•   Level 2   
    (19) points
    johnny
    2014-03-10 15:28:47
     why jeep cherokee 97/01 is not included on the max-sis pro.

Tags: maxisys

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2014-03-11 06:30:09 (Reply to:johnny)

yes johnny its there I have done some of this go to chrysler hit ( all except below option)  follow instructios  it will say unable to automaticaly identify vehicle  hit ok then choose up to 2003 option  the first one hit ok diagnosis then you will have auto scan and control unit options  on this years you don't have to choose nor will you be ask for vehicle type  this are non can bus type its the same for all  now from this point on if you are not connecting with your vehicle  there is a problem with your vehicles data line   turn key on the check engine light should come on right away if not there is a data bus issue  from my personal experience  the crank sensor/ flywheel sensor its number one cause  but it could be any other sensor or modules also powers and grounds on a side note  if vehicle is can bus it will be automatically identified if not you have to enter it manually  can bus started on 2004 but not for all types  and was completed by 2007 on chrysler 

•   Level 2   
    (19) points
    johnny
    2014-03-13 10:09:01 (Reply to:ede65)
     thanks ede65, but issue that i really have is that i cannot program the 2000 jeep cherokee keyless entry fob on this vehicle. if their is way cannot find it. can help?

•   Level 2   
    (19) points
    johnny
    2014-03-13 10:14:13 (Reply to:ede65)
      thanks ede65, but the issue that i really have is that i cannot program the 2000 jeep cherokee keyless entry fob on this vehicle. if their is way I cannot find it. can you help?

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2014-03-13 13:07:48 (Reply to:johnny)

try this procedure let me know if it works if not i have 2 more also tell me if your vehicle has a factory alarm its call vtss  that is an option of the drb3 which i cant find anywhere in this tool 
    1. Press (LOCK) button 5 times at 2 second Intervals to resynchronize transmitter, Attempt to function transmitter, If working as designed discontinue programming. 

2. Turn ignition to run position, (Allow Ignition chimes to stop). 

3. Using any original (working )transmitter, press the [UNLOCK] button for 4 to 10 seconds. 

4. Within the specified 4 to l0 seconds, continue pressing the [UNLOCK] button and press the [PANIC] button for 1 second and release both buttons (AN/DN release either button first). A chime will sound to indicate that the transmitter programming mode has been entered (allow 3 seconds for chime to sound). 

5. Press [LOCK] and [UNLOCK] buttons simultaneously for 1 second and release (a short chime will sound for AN/DN). 

6. Press and release any button an the same transmitter and a chime will sound after successfully programming the transmitter (locks will cycle for AN/DN). 

NOTE.- (FOR DR ONLY) A CHIME WILL NOT SOUND ON STEP #6 FOR THE FIRST TRANSMITTER PROGRAMMED, BUT WILL SOUND UPON PROGRAMMING THE SECOND TRANSMITTER. 

7. Repeat steps 5 through 6 to program additional transmitters. 

8. Turn ignition to OF:F position. Transmitter programming mode will discontinue after 60 seconds (30 seconds for AN/DN and RS). (All transmitter programming must be completed within time specified). 

•   Level 2   
    (19) points
    johnny
    2014-03-14 12:39:53 (Reply to:ede65)
      sorry it did not work. the vehicle is not equipped with VSS alarm. thanks

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2014-03-14 13:25:53 (Reply to:johnny)

ok that vechicle then falls under  method  C  dealer drb3 only,for all jeeps this option is not available in  our tool yet but i requested it  sorry buddy hopefully on the next update this will get fix
  Total1 Pages