Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Flash?

2041 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: 2014-12-21 08:02:54

•   Level 2   
    (14) points
    LD540
    2014-09-17 17:32:18
     Any news on when we will be able to install GM software updated on vehicles?

•   Level 2   
    (14) points
    LD540
    2014-09-18 10:24:57 (Reply to:LD540)
     Nothing like spending 4 grand and the tool doesn't do what is was designed for. Time for a refund Autel.....

•   Level 2   
    (29) points
    alexj

2014-09-18 21:24:55

What did they tell you the tool can do? It's not a bad tool. I work on a lot of different vehicles. I have 3 scanners. Each has it's limitations .

•   Level 2   
    (14) points
    LD540
    2014-09-19 11:37:12 (Reply to:alexj)
     The main reason for our purchase was its' flash capability. We work on many model lines as most of us do. I agree it is a good tool, it just won't do what they told us it would do. We have four other scan tools that will do roughly what this will do. Frustrating to spend this much money and no results. Their tech line is unbelievable slow to answer as well. We were told they basically had no clue when they would have the problem fixed.

•   Level 2   
    (29) points
    alexj

2014-09-21 19:40:08 (Reply to:LD540)

Have you tried going on the acdelco (TIS) website create a username and password
    and down load the flash software on a pc or laptop? Then purchase a short term
    subscription.Then use your maxisys as a pass through as you would any j2534 device.
    Use the usb port from your maxisys to you pc or laptop. Let me know how that turns
    out.

•   Level 4   
    (110) points
    wgregkz1

2014-12-21 01:34:27 (Reply to:alexj)

Yes I am very disappointed also
    The way I understood all the literature on the Maxysis Pro that I read led you to believe is that you could download all the updates from the Autel server and simply reflash most computers with the Pro.
     Well I was extremely let down when I read that all that could be reflashed this way was a afew GM vehicles and that all the other vehicles for now would be to go to each manufacturers website,pay there fee,and download there updates to our pc just like any other or I'm sorry like most other tools or pass through devices.
      I believe this was deliberately done,and my eyes is a crime.I may be very wrong and if I am I am very sorry,however my gut usually never leads me wrong.So all that being said are we still all angry and doing this the old fasioned way?.I can probably even show you the ads and in the owners manual where this is in writing.
        Oh well,its just our money,lets see if Autel does anything for us?,I wont hold my breath.
                                                                                                      Trust In God

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2014-12-21 08:02:54 (Reply to:wgregkz1)

-
  Total1 Pages