Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > bmw reset service went wrong
bmw reset service went wrong

2726 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: 2015-04-07 15:56:56

•   Level 2   
    (13) points
    auto europe
    2015-01-01 11:18:44
    bmw x5 4.8 I went to reset the service reminder for the front brake sensor and the emissions reset, that worked perfectly but once that was reset in the next 2 key cycles the vehicle now thinks it has a diesel particular filter and the vehicle is a gas engine?  Is there some way to undo the entry or use a backup?  I went to see if there were any recoding options and the scanner gives me none.  If i try to use the manual option to use the instrument cluster reset i can no longer get the service for spark plugs, brake sensor, etc. 

•   Level 5   
    (225) points
    Bobtech8

2015-01-01 19:33:14 (Reply to:auto europe)

Sure that that's not the cabin airfilter?can't believe that anything changed! Would be only if programed wrong but not by resetting service reminders .

•   Level 2   
    (13) points
    auto europe
    2015-04-07 15:56:56 (Reply to:Bobtech8)
     110% sure even a autel tech tried to fix it remotely through my scanner and after he finished he put a gear oil interval this company has been the worst customer service I have ever dealt with a scanner, I have since posted again to see if there was any other news but this was 6+ months ago and i cant believe not one person has ever gave me an answer from this company.
  Total1 Pages