Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > PSA SUPER BUG
PSA SUPER BUG

6768 Views 22 Replies Latest reply: 2015-03-18 05:15:55

•   Level 2   
    (31) points
    tekber
    2015-02-05 03:20:44
    Hi,

I have a maxisys full updated and it cant delete any errors in any peugeot or citroen i try, but if i go to the eobd the errors than apear will delete.

The veicles i try are
    Peugeot 206 1.4?
    Peugeot 407 hdi 2.0
    Peugeot partner 1.9
    Citroen C4 Picasso

Thank you

Jorge Costa

•   Level 4   
    (150) points
    RayJuk

2015-02-06 02:11:32

Its not something I have come across but have had lts of issues reading PSA vehicles with the MaxiSys, they are certainly a weak point

•   Level 2   
    (31) points
    tekber
    2015-02-06 10:33:52
    The worse is not reading...

In addition to not be easy to get in psa cars because the type engines are divided into ECUS categories and even with the insertion of VIN the equipment net help at all to make the choice, it is necessary to do trial and error to find the right one.

The worse comes later when we find errors and the machine can not delete any of the engine errors...

Does any one have the same problem or more information?

•   Level 7   
    (1143) points
    Matronix

2015-02-07 03:47:56 (Reply to:tekber)

Peugeot is a drama. It mainly goes for the failure of auto detection on the right model since the French tend to change ECU's, motorcodes, etc. even within one model year. Most of the time I find if you manage to get to all the data right, it's quite ok on functions. Some models better then others, but it really is taking way to much time to get there, if at all... Build Codes etc. ... that is ridiculous; if you have good VIN decoding, you should not need that I guess. Lot of times the stickers are long gone or damaged, so you need to go the internet to find data.

If Autel could do anything about the detections, that would be great. I don't want to look up or we have Marelli, or Bosch ECU, you should be able to to detect that, at least that is what I think what should be possible (I'm doing car techs, not creating diag tools however).

Also still quite a few gaps to fill in with the actuators, adaptions, programming etc. but this will most likely be the same hell for Autel engineers to go through as right now it is for us (all the differences).

•   Level 4   
    (120) points
    urban

2015-02-07 08:39:34 (Reply to:Matronix)

hello
    no probleme
    u must to change a good ecu if not
    u cant to delete the dtc

•   Level 4   
    (120) points
    urban

2015-02-07 08:41:46

i have had before the same probleme
    but if the ecu is ok for ex ecu edc 15 and not edc16 
    it will be ok

•   Level 2   
    (31) points
    tekber
    2015-02-09 03:09:25
    You can delete psa motor errors?

I cant delete any one error of engine, the only way i found is to use EOBD and delete some of the error if they apear there...

•   Level 7   
    (1143) points
    Matronix

2015-02-09 14:58:16

Just came from a job with an ABS error on a 407. It was a bit of trial and error to find the right module (the other ones just say there are no errors, even though the ABS light is on) but once I got it the code was there.

Did have to cross wires etc. to check what the real problem was (tracing down the location of a short/open) and had to delete the dtc's for that (or else the ecu won't put voltage on the line again ;) ). It worked fine for me?

Will see for you tomorrow or this car has other dtc's in motor management and wether or not I can delete those as well. We have the car with us till tomorrow so that is a good opportunity.

•   Level 3   
    (91) points
    electrocosta

2015-02-11 04:08:26

Yesterday happened to me to start the diagnostic enter the VIN number and the other asking, fortunately in this case it limited the amount of engines, but to my dismay, I was asking between two codes that were specified in the VIN.

There is no doubt that there is much to optimize between the VIN and engine codes ...

If the VIN is the engine code, why not filter to be easier to choose at least filter that does not matter.

•   Level 1   
    (6) points
    cadilac

2015-02-11 09:53:01

I have the same problem. 
    Other problem is in a Peugeot 206 hdi the machine read 4 ECU , and if i try enter by citroen c3, read many more, in adiction ther problem to erase the errors.
  Total3 Pages