Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > 01 chevy impala bcm programing
01 chevy impala bcm programing

4408 Views 8 Replies Latest reply: 2015-05-18 12:09:27

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    sandroauto
    2015-02-25 11:53:11
      I have a maxisys pro and  when I get to option configuation it tells me that the bcm is secured and I can't go any futher. Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    Joe

•   Level 2   
    (38) points
    moorediag

2015-02-28 16:58:41

I bad a similiar problem trying to Program BCM with Maxisys. Ended up having to replace BCM with new one and program with Tech 2. There must belt some kind of error in the Maxisys software.

•   Level 6   
    (680) points
    Erik Autel US

2015-03-03 22:46:03 (Reply to:sandroauto)

Good Day,

Please datalog and create ticket complaint.

To datalog, before you select the function you have problems on. Press the pen icon on top right of screen. When it is flashing blue, it is recording. Once it gets to the issue, tap on pen icon to stop recording. Enter the related information and submit by icon on top right.

Once that is done, please let me know. I will forward to proper engineer.

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    das6430

2015-04-17 12:39:48 (Reply to:moorediag)

Hi. I am having the same problem. Did you have to use an actual tech 2 or can you do
    it with the tech2win program from acdelco tds

•   Level 4   
    (126) points
    Champ84

2015-04-22 13:35:10 (Reply to:moorediag)

Dear Moorediag, did you use online or offline program when using the tech2 to do the bcm programming ?

•   Level 2   
    (19) points
    Moose

2015-05-03 14:43:04

Hi all,I reprogramed a impala bcm about 2 months ago and mine said it was also secure. I just followed the standerd instructions from alldata which was pretty easy and it worked perfect. The procedure was where you cycle the key like 3 times wait 10 mins and do it again 2 more times and then its programed.

Best of regards

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2015-05-16 07:30:33 (Reply to:sandroauto)

Gm used bcm on most cars can not be program/flashed,This is  possible on certain  cars and suv
    only. The reason for this is this bcm holds the vehicles mileage this is why is
    secured,on the other hand most suv stores the mileage on the ipc and they can be
    program/flash.in other words in order to program a bcm on a gm car it has to be new.
    This function is done mostly with the tech2 but on some vehicles its done on line.
    When using a used bcm on cars all you have to do is program vtd but keep in mind it
    will show the replacement bcms mileage. I have not tried to set up this new bcm with
    the maxisys so am not certain that it will do it. Good luck

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2015-05-16 07:32:56 (Reply to:Moose)

You only programmed the key (vtd) vehicle theft deterrent.  this used  bcm can't not be programmed/flashed for the reasons mentioned above. a new one however needs to be setup with the tech2 or sps and can only be setup  once if done incorrectly in some cases another new one has to be purchase. never seen this option on the maxisys that I can remember and probably not possible either.

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2015-05-18 12:09:27 (Reply to:ede65)

you can find more information by looking into gm service bulletins tsb  on od5 or alldata regarding ipc odometer programming. this will give you an idea of which cars or trucks stores the mileage on the bcm or the ipc and which tool is used to program it or set it up. when ever you find that the mileage is store in the bcm that bcm can not be flash. for example look into od5 tsb on a 2010 gm or newer you will find it.
  Total1 Pages