Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > Chrysler (Jeep) Files are failing! Ple...
Chrysler (Jeep) Files are failing! Please Help!

5446 Views 13 Replies Latest reply: 2015-06-09 12:54:22

•   Level 2   
    (22) points
    ChristopherMarczyk
    2015-03-02 17:23:36
     Hi,

I have been having problems with the Chrysler files for the past 5 months and I am not getting help from autel!
    Here is what happens.... I make sure the tool is up to date with the latest chrysler file.  I hook up the tool, in this case a 2004 Jeep Liberty.  I perform a scan and it shows whether or not there are faults with the various computers.  When I go into live data, or actuator test, etc.... the list that is normally there where you can select the various components to see is totally blank!  I have tried 4 different sd cards and used 2 different laptops and hooked up the scan tool to my wifi and LAN ports.  Still, every time I delete the Chrysler file and reload it I get the same results.  I also tried using the tool on a 2007 Chrysler Sebring and have had the same exact results while trying to use the various functions.  I am ready to contact every online retailer that sells this tool and warn them about the problems that everyone has been having.  Does anyone have a suggestion for me?  Has anyone experienced this same problem?

Thanks in advance for any help!
    Chris

P.S.  I also hooked up a snap-on tool and a cheap scanner to both vehicles and they worked fine so it is not a communication or OBD II plug issue with the vehicles.

•   Level 3   
    (90) points
    jmniagara

2015-03-03 12:28:28 (Reply to:ChristopherMarczyk)

Hi Chris...yeah it seems that there a lot of software glitches on older chrysler
    moldels...I'm having issues on pacifica models...hope autel reads some of these posts
    and comes up with a fix...sorry to hear you are having problems to.

•   Level 6   
    (680) points
     Good Day,

I apologize for the issue on hand.

Can you please the datalog the issue on the Jeep that you have and provide ticket complaint?

This will have our engineer look into the issue and fix the software.

•   Level 2   
    (22) points
     Hi Eric,
            I submitted a ticket over a month ago!  It still shows "open".  I actually noticed something else that might help with this problem. 

Last night I was able to see the Live data and perform the actuator tests, etc... BUT this was only through "control unit".   I then performed the "Auto Scan" function and then I saved that information under "jeep"... When I went into the PCM and selected "live data" all of the selections were missing again!!!  Also all of the actuator test functions were missing.  I then restarted the DS708 and tried to go through "control unit" again, all of the functions for live data and actuator test was missing.......
    So, it seems as though when you save anything to the scanner, the function of writing any info to the sd card ends up corrupting the files chrysler files.

Here is the original info from the ticket that I submitted.

View Ticket: YL36934420

States Validity Issue Details

Valid Issue Form

I have been constantly having problems with the chrysler files!  There is no data showing under live data, all the actuator tests are blank.  I have 4 Chrysler vehicles that I need this unit to work with.  1. 2012 Chrysler 300 C  2. 2007 Chrysler Sebring 3. 2004 Jeep Liberty  4.2002 Dodge Ram 1500.  I have been dealing with this issue for about 3 months now.  It started with the last software update that was put out for the ds708 around 3 or 4 months ago.  If I deleted the sd card and used the old system file the chrysler would work but it would not allow me to update any files once I logged back into the update program on my computer unless i put the new core software in.  This is my 3rd SD card as well.  I have used the original sd card 4gb, a pny 16gb and a pny 8gb. all with the same results!!!  Please help with this issue.  I spent a lot of money on this diagnostic computer and a lot of money on the update which is totally useless to me right now since these files are somehow corrupt.

•   Level 2   
    (22) points
    ChristopherMarczyk
    2015-03-03 21:49:34 (Reply to:jmniagara)
     JMNIAGARA:   Thanks for taking the time to respond to my post.  I am really upset that the main file that I need (Chrysler) is not working.  I am also upset that I paid so much money for these "UPDATES" and it doesn't work!!! It would be nice if Autel would somehow make up for the MONTHS that I haven't been able to use my $2000 scan tool.  I was going to invest in the MaxiSYS but after this experience, I'm not so sure I will do that.   :-(

•   Level 6   
    (680) points

Good Day,

I have forwarded the ticket complaint to see if they have any such issues on this.

If possible, can you do a datalog. Here is the link. Please copy and paste link unto browser. Do this so our engineer can pinpoint the issue.

http://autel.us/videos/vdatalog.htm

•   Level 2   
    (22) points
      Reply to:Erik Autel US. 

I sent in three different datalogs.  I was mistaken the other day.  As soon as I perform a autoscan , without saving the information under jeep or another name, the data becomes corrupt.  If I do "control unit" then it seems to work OK.  Is there anyway you would be able to get the engineers to look at the datalogs quicker?  I sent other ones in a few months ago and there obviously was no fix to the latest file update.  Please keep me updated!

•   Level 2   
    (22) points
     Hello Erik Autel US

I am still waiting for some information about the problem I am having.  I sent in numerous datalogs, I keep trying to perform the autoscan and I continue getting the same results.  I haven't heard from you or anyone else since 03/03/2015 and I do not feel that this is acceptable.  I am a simple DIY'er and spending close to $800 a year for a subscription for updates and not being able to use it is not something that I can afford to waste my money on.  I understand that your team may be busy but a simple reply to me would mean a lot.  My subscription is up next month and I am hoping to at least have a fix to the Chrysler file by then.  This issue has been going on almost 6 months.  Please let me know what the next step is in resolving this matter! 

Thanks again,

Chris

•   Level 3   
    (90) points
    jmniagara

2015-03-20 20:16:49 (Reply to:ChristopherMarczyk)

Hey Chris.....I'm in the same boat as you....I work a lot of chryslers...I have a pacifica
    that I still can't get into the abs...I've spent $1500 on my maxi-sys mini and
    subscription is up in june...if thers no fix by then...I guess I'll have a $1500 paper
    weight....I plan on skipping a year for updated as I'm a small used car dealer and can't
    afford it every year. I've sent lots of data logs ....kind of pissed here to....this is old
    software that should work on a ten year old car....I shouldn't have to pay how'd get a
    fix. It sucks to complain....

•   Level 3   
    (90) points
    jmniagara

2015-03-20 20:48:52 (Reply to:jmniagara)

I will have to say....its nice to see support a lot more in the forums...they seemed to
    have stepped up and are trying to address problems. We need to have a separate
    forum from support on how fixes and complaints are going so we all know where we
    stand.
  Total2 Pages