Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > Hi. I have a brand new MV 400 Video scop...
Hi. I have a brand new MV 400 Video scope. I have tried to update the software but an unable to do so. I have formatted the SD card but I cannot update. Also I cannot find a serial number either on the device or inside in tool information ! Copy ?

2266 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: 2015-04-09 12:02:56

•   Level 2   
    (33) points
    Charliefarlie
    2015-04-03 04:57:34
     Hi. I have a brand new MV 400 Video scope. I have tried to update the software but an unable to do so. I have formatted the SD card but I cannot update. Also I cannot find a serial number either on the device or inside in tool information ! 

I fear I may have bought a fake or copy ? 

Help will be greatly appreciated ! 

Thanks !  

Tags: MV , 400

•   Level 2   
    (33) points
    Charliefarlie
    2015-04-05 12:18:15 (Reply to:Charliefarlie)
     Can anyone tell me if this unit even has a serial number ?

Any information will be greatly appreciated before I play safe and send this tool back. 

Thanks

Charlie.

•   Level 2   
    (33) points
    Charliefarlie
    2015-04-08 12:05:58 (Reply to:Charliefarlie)
     As this question has remained unanswered I will just return the product for a refund. 

The seller was the person who asked me to register on this forum and ask the question in the hope of being able the authenticate the product. 

I am awaiting delivery of an MD802 All systems scanner and hope I have better luck and support with that. 

•   Level 3   
    (75) points
    StefanP

2015-04-09 11:47:01 (Reply to:Charliefarlie)

Hi,
    I have this device and I don't see serial number too. Why you need to upgrade the software? It just works out of the box.

ps. I don't think this is right forum for this question (Europe cars) :)

•   Level 2   
    (33) points
    Charliefarlie
    2015-04-09 12:02:56 (Reply to:StefanP)
     Sorry I'm unsure forum I should ask so thought Europe would be a good start. 

I realise it works straight out of the box but as above with so much Autel equipment being copied it seemed worth asking where the serial number is so I can just make sure. Surely there must be a serial number ? In the event of a warranty claim the first question I would be asked is how old the unit is and the serial number would give a good indication so the company could check. 

The software is upgrade-able by downloading from this website onto a Micro SD card and then putting the card in the tool and upgrading the software. I would think if there are benifits from doing this then I would want to do it, 

Thanks for the reply

Total1 Pages