Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > ford explorer 2008 pcm damage
ford explorer 2008 pcm damage

3147 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: 2015-04-15 21:52:47

•   Level 3   
    (51) points
    raheeb car service
    2015-04-14 11:53:58
    Hi every body, I have ford exploere 2008 pcm damage. Wana know which web site on online give oe data to reprogarm another pcm.
    Note. Can I used second hand pcm to reprogamming for this car?
    And how can I do it ? Step by step. Please.....

•   Level 3   
    (51) points
    I used maxisys pro

•   Level 6   
    (475) points
    J Gutz

2015-04-14 14:45:12 (Reply to:raheeb car service)

A used PCM could be installed, you need to buy a short term subscription from ford, it is around $30 for one day I believe: http://www.motorcraftservice.com/vdirs/retail/default.asp?/menuIndex1=2
    After you subscribe go Programming and Initialization  and download FMP (Ford Module Programming) software to be used with a windows computer as well as your Autel's J2534 Maxiflash Pro,  use your USB adapter cable provided. Before you begin, install J2534 Maxiflash Pro Windows PC drivers that are on a CD that came with your Maxisys PRO, If you don't have the CD dowload Maxisys PC Suite from this website and Install Maxiflash Pro drivers on the PC you plan to use for programming. Remember to install Maxiflash Pro drivers before you run FMP,. Once you have that installed run FMP that you downloaded from  Ford, select your J2534 from FMP menu (your Maxiflash Pro should be listed if you have drivers properly installed); select Start New Session from tabs on top, select check mark on the bottom right to continue following all the steps carefully, verify the model year and appropriate VIN number, click check mark to continue; select Module Programming (found under toolbox icon on top) you will see three sub menus: "Programmable Module Installation", "Module Reprogramming", and "Programmable Parameters"; to flash a new or used module select Programmable Module Installation from sub menu, select appropiate controller to be flashed, PCM in your case, and follow all the instructions the program gives to you carefully. After you finish the reflash you have to do a PATS relearn found under the same FMP software (PATS  Functions menu)  so the car can learn the keys. Be aware that you might need two separate keys to finish PATS relearn.

For step by step tips download video from Drewtech, and follow the same procedure using Autel's J2534 instead: http://www.drewtech.com/Videos/Ford.wmv

PD: Use a battery maintainer or use a battery pack to keep good vehicle battery voltage during programming, as voltage is very critical during that procedure.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2015-04-15 11:19:00 (Reply to:J Gutz)

Are there any You tube  links to videos of the  Autel J2534 Maxi Sys Pro  successfully programming PCMs of various manufacturer vehicles from a "windows laptop "? If a manufacturer claims to support certain J2534 programming tools and decide not to list Autel's device as supported, what determines if the files will or will not successfully transfer from one manufacturer's J2534 tool and  not another's , since both tools are probably made from components sourced and copied in  China with a different wrapper . Is the tool electronically ID'ed where the downloaded files have recognition of what it's going to go through and simply refuse to work or go through it because of J2534 identification doesn't match what it wants to see.
      I'm not planning to buy an MS 908 Pro unless I know for sure the thing is going to work as reliably as any other pass through device off a OEM website from a windows laptop.

•   Level 6   
    (475) points
    J Gutz

2015-04-15 21:52:47 (Reply to:witsend)

I'm not aware of any YouTube videos regarding Maxiflash Pro and programming. I know that Autel's J2534 has not been validated by most of the  manufacturers yet, so it will be difficult to get OE flashing support from them. I own Drewtech's Cardaq Plus and that's what I have used for re flashing, as it is validated by most OE sites.  I have used Maxiflash Pro  to re-flash  a 2003 GM Pickup and it worked great on that particular vehicle.
  Total1 Pages