Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > Had a bit of play around with MS908P and...
Had a bit of play around with MS908P and was disappointed

3642 Views 10 Replies Latest reply: 2015-05-30 17:48:07

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf
    2015-05-23 12:13:04
      Got MS908P today as a demo and was really disappointed as when we tested it on the first car was Honda Civic 1.6 2004 and it could not be able to ready the live data from the Engine Control Module..........

The second was a Vauxhall Corsa D 2007 and it could not be able to ready the Variant Coding from any of the Modules.......Also noticed the security pin code is required for resetting Service Warning Light.......Why would one need a Security Pin Code to reset the Service Light.........? I thing that option should be a straight forward option without the use of pin code.... 

The Third one was Seat Leon 2001 tried to extract the pin code went through the procedure and gave me wrong pin code 63353 which I have never seen before like this code............

Fourth was Ford Transit Connect 2004 which was again not that impressed....................it could not ready Vin Number from any of this vehicles automatically..............

Also noticed there was missing model under Asian Cars ( Daihatsu ) had one in the workshop on 2009 model wanted to try on it and it was missing...

I will have a play with it more and give more feed back on this tool so that it can be improved more but at the moment what would Support Team like to comment on this issues

•   Level 7   
    (1143) points
    Matronix

2015-05-24 04:52:44 (Reply to:Ashraf)

You have a lot to share here; we are all users who use this tool a lot and know what it can (and cannot) do. As a new user you don't know your way around yet with the tool but you are trying to make a point to us anyhow?

Don't really understand what you want to accomplish by posting things that won't help us (users who do know how powerfull the tool in reality is). Is it that you have questions, or would you like opinions, or... just let us know and we are glad to assist you if you have problems but please do try things first yourself. The tool itself is a powerhouse on it's own but you will need to find out what you can and what you cannot do.

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf
    2015-05-24 05:28:12 (Reply to:Matronix)
       Thanks for your reply mate..............But, again before I posted this I did properly checked and I am sure those options are missing there for that models.........There was no live data for Honda Civic Engine 1.6 2004, Could not ready Variant Coding for Vauxhall Corsa D...........I am sure some body else can check and report back or even Support Team can check that............

And when you say this will not help other users that I don't be live it as there are many posts on this forum which users are complaining that doesn't mean they not helping...........Let me tell you one thing by reporting problems of the tool is one way to help improve the quality of tool and that will help all the users.......

By the way next time I will post some screen shorts so you can prove your eyes............ Mind well we are not here to pull each others leg but, only here to help each others................

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2015-05-24 10:52:16 (Reply to:Ashraf)

I think you have to let your dealer know that it needs good  high quality interruption free wired internet connection. If it is able to get updates, He should  delete and reinstall all the makes software from the Software Suite of a PC. Too many things can go wrong loading software by WI FI in my opinion especially in countries where the internet infrastructure might be compromised.
      I have a DS 708 and never had that many consecutive failures using that.

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf
    2015-05-24 13:42:21 (Reply to:witsend)
     Thanks for your advice but, just to let you know this is a brand new tool and its fully updated my suppler has lift it for me to use it as a demo before I could decide if I buy it or not...............I have already told me about it infect he has seen all this when I first started to test it so, his aware of it........... 

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2015-05-25 22:07:28 (Reply to:Ashraf)

For what I have read on the forum for sometime now I have noticed that software for
    europe tools are not as developed as usa. But also keep in mind there is a probability
    this demo tool was not updated. Most of the time they are not the reason why is in
    order to update it they have to register it. How are they going to register this tool if is
    not sold yet. Am not saying this is the case just a probability. Food for thoughts. There
    are also the cases where people don't know how the tool woks, if you never worked
    with original manufacture tools then chances are you need to relearn since they are ver
    different than aftermarket ones. I know for a fact it is a great tool in usa despite all
    bugs and untested updates. Good luck with your decision, if I were you I will ask some
    one from your region before I buy it.

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf
    2015-05-26 02:29:19 (Reply to:ede65)
     Hi ede65,

Thanks very much for your feed back......I had bit of chat with my suppler and I think I will go for it as in the passed I have bought many tools from him and we know each others very well so I will take his word and as fare as you guys are here to support so I am sure I will be in safe hands...........

He will bring me other new one this week and I will register it and see if there are any updates needs doing than go from there...........will keep posting all the feed backs.......................Once again thanks very much to all here on forum for they help..............

Ash

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2015-05-27 03:32:47 (Reply to:Ashraf)

Hi, if you have any problem you can always send mails to support@autel.com to get a quick help from our support team. By the way, Daihatsu software is available now on MS908P. Thanks! 

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf
    2015-05-27 13:37:12 (Reply to:Autel Support)
     Thanks for your reply.............I have just got my new unit yesterday and had a quick look in it and it also don't have Daihatsu Software in it........So, I suppose if I update it it should be installed is automatically.....................

Also is there any are way of backing up the old software before updating it...............?

•   Level 7   
    (1143) points
    Matronix

2015-05-29 03:01:01 (Reply to:Ashraf)

Congratulations with your new tool, I am sure that you will come to enjoy the power and possibilities as much as we do.

For Daihatsu, yes, do run the updates and you should find it under the Asian cars.

I do agree we should all keep informing Autel about each and every flaw we find in the system, so they can attend to it and as I am working in Europe as well (The Netherlands) I do agree with EDE65 that there still is a lot to be done on upgrades for this region. However, as I know other diagnosis systems, I find this one still one of the best around (Bosch is also cool, if you connect the KTS unit with their software, which intergrates the tool directly to test methods, wiring diagrams, etc... but at a great cost of thousands of euro's a year for subscriptions).

Hope you will be an active contributer to the Autel tech crew as well, just like you do right now.
  Total2 Pages