Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > idle relearn inoperative
idle relearn inoperative

2477 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: 2015-06-01 08:27:44

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    MrMechanic
    2015-05-29 13:02:44
    Replaced original throttle body with a NEW from Chevrolet throttle body, I performed the idle relearn procedure with the MS708, and the 2007 Chevy Suburban still idles at 2,000 rpms. Out of desperation I replaced the throttle body with another NEW throttle body from Chevy Dealership and still same results. I can control the the throttle blade thru the scanner and I can physically watch the throttle blade close @ 0% and fully open @ 100 when commanding it to do so, but the minute you accelerate the vehicle it hangs at 2000 rpm. After doing the relearn each time the Demanded percentage is 13% but the Actual stays @ 26%. Any help is greatly appreciated.

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf

2015-05-29 15:58:00 (Reply to:MrMechanic)

Do you have any fault code stored in Engine ECU.................?

Have you checked if there is NO any intake leak...................?

If every thing is fine than try disconnecting the battery for few min than reconnect the battery start the engine let it run till it reaches it normal temperature than relearn the Throttle Body again and see if that helps........

•   Level 5   
    (293) points
    billymck

2015-05-29 22:31:38 (Reply to:MrMechanic)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JAQjEip9tk

take a look at this video....this should get you done....note: same menu functions for the maxisys

bill

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2015-06-01 08:27:44 (Reply to:MrMechanic)

If you are using GM  version 7.0  there is a big possibility that  this function does not work being that nothing else does. but also like ashraf mentioned  a vaccum leak will cause it as well. make sure throttle is fully closed and  do a smoke leak test. good luck.
  Total1 Pages