Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > key programming
key programming

2091 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: 2015-06-01 16:13:42

•   Level 2   
    (25) points
    keeep
    2015-05-31 00:13:54
    When I tried to add new key on range rover sport 2013, smart key not found displayed on its dashboard? Any advice

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2015-06-01 08:52:10 (Reply to:keeep)

yes a ck-200 or skp-900 key programmer. our tools are having a hard time programming domestics keys, you can imagine imports. and a 2013 on top of that is unkown. good luck buddy.

•   Level 7   
    (1143) points
    Matronix

2015-06-01 16:13:42 (Reply to:keeep)

I second that. Ede65 is correct, the SKP-900 from SuperOBD is very usefull and powerfull for programming keys onto newer cars. Did not use it for Landrover specific but I know my eye fell on the freelander3 key possibility the other day so they are quite strong in this part. To be sure just google SKP-9000 car list to be sure for supported cars. I have it not with me (on a job away for a few days) but maybe someone has it at hand to check for sure for Sport 2013.

The MaxiSys is improving on this part, but still a long way to go. If you do lot of programming, it is a commercial better idea to get one of those instead of waiting for updates on the MaxiSys. For Landrover specific please check the list of the functions of the MaxiSys. Go to diagnostics, choose European, find Landrover and tap the little arrow under the logo to get the pdf file with all possibilities for the brand. For Landrover this is making sence since the list won't be too long and you will still have good overview of what can or cannot be done.
  Total1 Pages