Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > Autel's lack of support on dodge/jeep/ch...
Autel's lack of support on dodge/jeep/chrysler models

8411 Views 20 Replies Latest reply: 2017-03-20 15:51:38

•   Level 2   
    (22) points
    jay
    2015-06-08 12:15:02
     I have been trying to diagnose an ABS light on a 2005  jeep and only get "the selected function is not supported" when I try to read active codes. The make and model information must be entered manually as the tool will not do it automatically. It does seem to connect to the abs system on some level as Diag Index info does show up. The tool will erase active codes which is of no help when trying to find the problem.

I called the "help" line and was advised to erase memory card and reinstall all files with update version 6.21....all to no avail....exactly same message when I tried to retrieve the codes!

Called the help line again and was told that a ccd may help but was not available for my model. Was also told to try the model a year older and a year newer.....something I had already done without success. Told that issue would be passed to engineering and that I should expect a call back in 5 to 15 days. Reading all the issues on this forum I best not hold my breath waiting for a positive outcome.

I see there is a V6.31 update.....Think there is any point starting from scratch again as the Autel servers are SLOW and take forever to update.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf

2015-06-08 14:49:41 (Reply to:jay)

Did you sand them a log data file...............? if you have not sand than, I would advice you to do so and also sand them an email with your tool reference...............I am sure they will get back to you soon

•   Level 6   
    (680) points
    Erik Autel US

2015-06-08 16:41:33 (Reply to:jay)

Hello,

If you have updated to latest and it still have function not supported. That means functions is not available at this time. Please datalog the issue so our engineer can look into this(just as mr. ashraf has mentioned. Please let me know if that is done so I can forward the issue.

•   Level 2   
    (22) points
    jay
    2015-06-08 17:32:40 (Reply to:Erik Autel US)
     Erik

The person on the autel helpline took the information last Monday and passed it on to the engineers and I am currently waiting for a call back.

If the tool will not connect and establish communication with the ABS ecu I don't think there will be anything to log.

One side note it does seem to work on the obd  - got no active or pending codes. ABS/SRS notta...zilch

•   Level 6   
    (680) points
    Erik Autel US

2015-06-09 11:31:21 (Reply to:jay)

Hello,

When our tech support gathered information? Did they help you datalog the issue as well or take the note?

Datalog will help us. I will talk to our engineer just to verify.

•   Level 2   
    (22) points
    jay
    2015-06-15 16:43:23 (Reply to:Erik Autel US)
     Tech support did not ask for datalog and told me they would pass on the information I gave them to engineering and get back to me in 5-15 days. Well it is day # 14 and still no callback. Did they lose my contact information or is this just another example of poor support for jeep and chrysler products from Autel?

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2015-06-16 03:54:06 (Reply to:jay)

Hi Jay, you'd better to send us the datalog for our analysis. Once you sent it, please send email your serial No. to support@autel.com so that we can follow it.

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2015-06-18 10:30:08 (Reply to:jay)

Hi jay which model jeep is this your working on? abs is supported and fully developed on all Chrysler vehicles and it is the most trouble module on  all American cars with communication issues. most of the time when a data bus issue occurs 1 out of 10 is the abs causing it. also auto vin id is only possible on Chrysler can bus vehicles, this feature is not available/developed for pre can bus vehicles, most likely your model year is not, the reason why it didn't work. I am mostly inclined to a particular issue with your tool or the vehicle your working on rather than a general tool issue since I am not having it on mine at this moment.  hope autel can figure this out. best regards.

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2015-06-18 14:40:48 (Reply to:ede65)

there is new Chrysler update available.

•   Level 2   
    (17) points
    Vosperboss

2015-06-20 02:16:09

I have had precisely the same ABS comms problem with my 2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser.  Their support team say it 'should' work and have given exactly the same responses as recorded above.  They are very polite but don't seem to have any urgency to fix the problem.  I think we've wasted our money and I regard it as a bad purchase.  See if you can access a Bosch scanner - it works a treat on my car.
  Total3 Pages