Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > this is crap i bought
this is crap i bought

2417 Views 8 Replies Latest reply: 2015-07-08 15:16:12

•   Level 2   
    (46) points
    selwyn001
    2015-06-17 13:32:39
    The Astra G and Corsa C the clocks don't read at all I only do Opels. For that I'm using a Tech 2. The fault codes are code so you have to look it up I'm ever sorry I bought it I'm loosing on the software every time there is an update
    I bought me a launch its better on some cars, my maxisys pro is almost out of updates so I won't buy any updates its a rip off.

Tags: PRO

•   Level 6   
    (680) points
    Erik Autel US

2015-06-17 13:57:23 (Reply to:selwyn001)

Hello,

Did you do any updates recently? Our engineer are working on it. If any issues, please datalog this. This will fix the issue in the future. Unfortunately, you have issues on the Opel. Do you have any other issues, we will work on it.

•   Level 2   
    (46) points
    selwyn001
    2015-06-17 14:14:55
    Yes there is more issues that's y I bought a nother make its working ok for me cause everytime I get a update something else don't work so where do it end you guys said there will be updates to fix it and it don't get fixed you guys said this maxisys pro could do thing and a lot of it was not true, your advertising on this unit is false I bought it on what you advertised check what you said it could do, then you guys said it must be updated I did it and it got worse.

•   Level 2   
    (31) points
    Jose

2015-07-06 08:26:17 (Reply to:selwyn001)

I have to agree as of now.
    It was advertised as supporting many many many brands and functions, but in fact we didn't manage to do anything the right way since it's been bought.

OK, you can read few fault codes, but that's it. Anything more advanced like adaptations, actuations on many Euro brands are not working well. It's poorly documented by the way.

Had to wait for an update, JUST to be able to read my ECU on Mercedes....

If no update = no chance.
    BUT, I opened a ticket and I have absolutely no answer. That's not a professional tool. It boasts fancy tablet style, but quite useless till now.

Very bad $3000 purchase.

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2015-07-06 09:25:53 (Reply to:Jose)

yes jose I do also agree in part, a great part with a lot of your arguments and frustrations,  as I read this forum just about everyday. this tools are having many issues lately, and some of them has been always the same, it is beyond me why. I understand a function/feature not being available/developed, but what I don't understand is the disappearing of such functions after been implemented and added, then later removed after an update. some of the functions you don't find used to be available, some were never released, but usa vehicles used to be the same way or even worse a few years back, hardly any features, but later they were released after so many request,complaints etc, and now gone with the wind also in some cases and on some  vehicles, not on purpose though, or at least i will like to think so, but rather a lot of engineer errors, but they will be returned to our tool. don't take my word for it, you can see for your self after reading the forum a bit, that just about everything we ask for, gets fixed or added or returned to our tools. am not aute's technical support, I work for no one and take no sides, just tell it like i see it, and the way I see it is we already bought the tool, it is not like we are going to get refunded for it so i think lets get the most out of it by requesting and complaining as much as we can to get it. our tools are not all that great yet but this site i think it is. best regards.

•   Level 3   
    (57) points
    porsche

2015-07-07 14:20:31 (Reply to:selwyn001)

Hi Selwyn I had a 2006 Vectra c 1.9cdti in the workshop today for service and poor starting  the poor starting turned out to be a bad starter motor  but I done a diagnostic test first with maxisys  only to find manufacturer specific dtcs this can be very annoying at times all so tried  to do a service reset did not work  so looks like opel Vauxhall are still very poor with this system just to let the opel Vauxhall guys out there know keep posting problems to support so they can get fixed

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf

2015-07-07 15:53:47 (Reply to:porsche)

Yes I do agree not only post your problems also make sure you record the data log files and sand them to support team so they can fix the errors.................

•   Level 7   
    (1143) points
    Matronix

2015-07-07 17:56:29 (Reply to:porsche)

I complained about Opel before and still am not satisfied, but it is not true you cannot do anything. Did quite a few in depth diagnostics, using codes, live data and actuator tests. Unfortunately there is a lot of 'dealer specific codes' which still need to be put in by Autel and please do since it eats up our time to hunt them down on google. Also not every model has the same support in the software.

For instance, did diagnostics on a bad pump using railpressure data (dropping just before going to limp mode), did do coolant level diagnostics (quite an exotic sensor, but the data was there) on an Astra H, etc. etc. Also worked on a Vectra C with starting issues (have data, although problem not found yet due to short test possibilities).

Is it useless... not by a far end, but it is not perfect by a long shot either (this goes for a lot of European supported brands by the way); but where I see failure in engineering I also see improvements. Let's just keep pushing info to Autel. Talk like "this is shit" etc. won't help our cause.

•   Level 3   
    (57) points
    porsche

2015-07-08 15:16:12 (Reply to:Matronix)

I do agree but just  look  at ede posts autel seem to give with one hand and take a lot more with the other     EDE STAY FROSTY
  Total1 Pages