Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Asian Cars > Honda (without IAC Valve) Idle Speed Lea...
Honda (without IAC Valve) Idle Speed Learn

3664 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: 2015-07-12 04:07:09

•   Level 6   
    (482) points
    Awais
    2015-07-06 14:21:23
    Hi Fellows,
    I am trying to do idle speed learn on Honda as per procedure but not able to do this. I read that EVAP connector has to be disconnected but it is not mentioned below. Is it really to do this because if do so then CEL comes up or it is only to know the current idle rpm.

Any help in this matter? Thanks.

PCM Idle Learn Procedure

The idle learn procedure must be done so the PCM can learn the engine idle characteristics.
    Do the idle learn procedure whenever you do any of these actions:
    • Replace PCM.
    • Reset PCM.
    • Update PCM.
    • Replace or clean the throttle body.
    NOTE: Erasing DTCs with the HDS does not require you to do the idle learn procedure.
    1. Make sure all electrical items (A/C, audio, lights, etc.) are off.
    2. Reset the PCM with the HDS.
    3. Turn the ignition switch ON (II), and wait 2 seconds.
    4. Start the engine. Hold the engine speed at 3,000 rpm without load (in Park or neutral) until the radiator fan comes on, or until the engine coolant temperature reaches 194 °F (90 °C).
    5. Let the engine idle for about 5 minutes with the throttle fully closed.
    NOTE: If the radiator fan comes on, do not include its running time in the 5 minutes.
    6. Verify on the HDS data list that the idle learn procedure is complete.

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf

2015-07-06 16:12:14 (Reply to:Awais)

So what is happening now is the vehicle not idling properly or what..............? The idle control valve's are quite common on them to stick in and cause idling problems.................

I personally have never needed to learn idle speed on Honda all I do is reset the PCM start the vehicle live it running till coolant temperature reach to normal temperature fan kicks in and that's it.............Hope this helps

•   Level 6   
    (482) points
    Awais
    2015-07-06 17:53:31 (Reply to:Ashraf)
     Thank you Ashraf for your reply.

On first Honda Civic 2006, idle rpm stays on 1000 and when the gas pedal is released after pushing, it does not come directly to 1000, it will come down to 1000 then 1500 and then slowly comes back to 1000 and engine continuously bumps (no fault code) at slow interval of approximately 10 seconds with low amplitude. Owner told that this problem was not there before. I checked the vehicle and it is without IAC valve and idle learn is not completed as got info from MaxiSys Pro. So, I was trying to do Idle Learn after resetting of PCM.

Second one is Honda Accord. Idle rpm goes down with AC load. I did not inspect the vehicle in detail, hopefully will do in next week.

As you mentioned the procedure after resetting of PCM... are you doing always after cold start or hot start? Because I was doing when the vehicle was hot and now I am planning to do with cold start.

Thanks.

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf

2015-07-07 02:16:20 (Reply to:Awais)

Temperature 0* Reset PCM start the engine live it running till it learn idling it self.............If its got an idle control valve on throttle body.............start the engine apple some WD40 in throttle body you will see a small hole which is going to idle control valve make sure WD40 go in that hole so if you have a stick valve it will loosen it and you should fine...............

All the best..............

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2015-07-07 07:05:34 (Reply to:Awais)

Yes can also clean the thottle,click on pcm replacement and drive vehicle, it will
    relearn all values.

•   Level 6   
    (482) points
    Awais
    2015-07-07 11:40:17
     Thank you fellows for your suggestions. I will update when it will be done. Thanks.

•   Level 6   
    (482) points
    Awais
    2015-07-12 01:19:50
    The first Honda Civic Idle rpm (750) is fixed now with and without load. I did in the morning when ECT was around 38 degree celcius. Also cleaned the throttle and then followed the above procedure.

Thank you fellows for your usual cooperation and support.

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf

2015-07-12 04:07:09 (Reply to:Awais)

We are glad that you got it fix.................Nice one good job !!!
  Total1 Pages