Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > Q: SRS Airbag Signal Check: Is it safe t...
Q: SRS Airbag Signal Check: Is it safe to use it?

1836 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: 2015-07-07 09:56:08

•   Level 2   
    (10) points
    TRI-LINE
    2015-07-06 20:01:18
      It wont trigger the airbag to explode?

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2015-07-06 20:20:59 (Reply to:TRI-LINE)

I don't know but hide in the back seat  just in case. just kidding buddy no accidents reported yet.

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf

2015-07-07 02:07:58 (Reply to:TRI-LINE)

Yes you can measure the Airbag resistance all you got to do is disconnect the airbag live it for few min and than you check the resistance............I have done it many time and no problems........but don't do that while every thing is connected in not safe.........

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2015-07-07 09:56:08 (Reply to:TRI-LINE)

some of this japs make airbag will deploy by them self even heat or humidity can influence, they are also known as the killer air bags. I never check an airbag's  resistance, volt/ohms meter induces/applies voltage in order to check resistance and yes a deployment can occur, although I have never seen one do it, if  I have a trouble code that pertains to an airbag I just check the resistance of the circuit wiring but not the actual airbag regardless of what the manual says , it could deploy, temperature, humidity,static electricity  and the unknown can happen. another reason why i like the masisys is so that i can diagnose this things from far away, I trust no tool and no one when my life could be at risk. some of the repair manual  also just say to disconnect the battery before working with this system, but they don't tell you that even though the battery is disconnected capasitors are still  charged and a deployment can still occur, which one has to clear caps before doing so.
  Total1 Pages