Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Asian Cars > 4 tech support Subaru immobilizer functi...
4 tech support Subaru immobilizer function?

3968 Views 10 Replies Latest reply: 2019-09-09 05:52:47

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65
    2015-07-09 13:12:36
      this make is also incapable of such function can you please check into it.                                                                                                               Autel  if we have to depend on locksmith to do this functions for us  we will not survive on this trade too long, we are professional techs not car thief, we have to find a solution to this problem , use a security code on the tool that records vin and location, or shop, even if it has to be done on line I don't know how but  immobilizer key programming should not be for the license locksmith only, a car is not a bank safe or  a home  that one should be so license about. the state that i live in does not grant this license anymore. if a locksmith can buy our tools, subscriptions and take our job, we can take their too. and see it to believe it. 

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf

2015-07-09 14:28:19 (Reply to:ede65)

Very true I do agree with Ede.................That's the reason I was asking Autel to add Get Pin Code option on all makes so that if we want to program any thing it should not be a problem..................

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65
    2015-07-09 14:55:32 (Reply to:Ashraf)
     yes I think the locksmith organization/industry  is being run by AL Capone's  family, or the god father him self,  with the excuse to prevent car thief, they have made a monopoly. when all records shows that most vehicles that has been stolen involves more locksmith and dealership than anyone else. I live in the state of Florida USA,  where more vehicles has been stolen in the whole country or at least we got blamed for., as a result the state  is no longer granting  license in the manner other states does. this was probably true 20 years ago, not anytime recent. I agree a lot of fraud is done here every day but not by us the mechanics/techs. every tool should have a time delay like gm and ford does of a 15 minutes it could even be extended a bit longer. thief don't have that kind of time to steal a car so that makes it more secure or less vulnerable, chrysler well chrysler is a traitor and went with al capone and the rest of the mob, and should be pats/passkey/passlock system as well, they could do the same with the rest. we the tech have a big tool investment as well as school,training and license  to be giving our work to locksmith. we are no longer just mechanics or grease monkeys, we are professional automotive techs with a much bigger industry than anyone else.

•   Level 2   
    (13) points
    my4x4fun34

2015-07-22 22:13:45 (Reply to:ede65)

this is bs...i just tried to program a key to my own 2005 outback and cannot access the module to do this....i bought this maxidas so i had the capability to help my customers out instead of paying hundreds just to have a spare key??

autel what the heck man i can program a 2013 ford key but not a 2005 subaru???

im banging my head here and now i have to go pay another mechanic to program the new key to my car? i wish i wouldve know this crap before i spent 1200 bucks on this brick!

i am totally disappointed with the product i reviewed and read such good stuff about...im curious if i call support if they have any answers?

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2015-07-23 03:37:36 (Reply to:ede65)

Immobilizer function for Subaru is not developed, and we are re-developing this software to cover more cars and functions.

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65
    2015-07-23 13:25:31 (Reply to:Autel Support)
     thanks. don't forget mitsubishi. immo functions are no where to be found, and if found it will most likely not work. 

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    asloan5

2018-03-30 11:25:53 (Reply to:Autel Support)

and here we are almost 2 1/2 years later and I cannot program keys to a 2009 subaru impreza!! 

•   Level 1   
    (3) points

2019-08-31 13:17:58

Now its 3 1/2

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf

2019-09-01 19:18:15

There are many Immobilizer Functions missing on many models also like Read Pin Code, Key Programming, and ECU/Modules Programming etc...........

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2019-09-09 01:49:52 (Reply to:Ashraf)

My guess is they held off giving more key programming capability on a lot of car makes and models because they wanted there be more need for buying an IM508 or IM608 tool.
  Total2 Pages