Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Asian Cars > Maxidiag MD802 will not read ABS codes o...
Maxidiag MD802 will not read ABS codes on my 2002 Suzuki Grand Vitara

2869 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2015-07-12 19:00:50

•   Level 2   
    (14) points
    louscamp
    2015-07-09 14:04:57
    I called Autel Tech Support before purchasing the MD802 and was told specifically that it would read ABS codes on this SUV. I just received it last night and updated all the software(suzuki wasn't included in the updates). It goes through all the menus fine. I select ABS then read codes and it comes back with 'selected function not supported'. All the other systems read fine, just the ABS doesn't. If I lie and tell it it's 2005 or above, it lets me run autoscan. All the other systems work but ABS reports fault 56. Any help would be appreciated as I only purchased this to address my brake problem, however it works great with my 98 chevy S10 pickup so I'll probably keep it.

•   Level 2   
    (14) points
    louscamp
    2015-07-12 19:00:50 (Reply to:louscamp)
     Update for anyone who has a Grand Vitara. I purchased a complete and very detailed factory service manual for the Grand Vitara and it spelled out that the scanner they use has a socket to plug in a special ABS cartridge that reads their code. It also states there is a connector hidden in the wiring harness under the dash that you can jumper to force the ABS warning light to 'blink' out the codes and also reset them. I tried this and it works fine without a scanner and now I finally know what the problem is and am on the way to fixing it.
  Total1 Pages