Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > Ford escape hybrid brake problem
Ford escape hybrid brake problem

6305 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: 2015-07-29 18:16:33

•   Level 3   
    (55) points
    bestresultscarcare
    2015-07-25 07:39:24

07 Ford Escape hybrid, powered down brake system module to service brakes and now the brake system is in manual mode and saying that it needs to complete "re-initialization". I have a maxi-sys pro w/ 5.0 updates and it fails to communicate with abs module when I command it to perform re-initialization. I powered down the module using recommended procedure (remove fuses 24 & 31) because the autel wouldn't communicate using the "brake service" program. It also doesn't communicate using Ford OE diagnostic system. Any ideas? The only suggestion so far is to replace the control module, but it is HUGE money. If I do this, will it need to be programmed to the car?

Thanks for any input, Kirk

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points

Some 2005-2008 Escape/Mariner Hybrid vehicles may exhibit diagnostic trouble code C1525 after the replacement of one or more hydraulic brake system components. These vehicles require a very unique bleed procedure and dtc C1525 typically results if this procedure is not followed exactly. A detailed video on the bleed procedure is available in the online workshop manual in section 206-00service bleed step #1.

•   Level 3   
    (55) points

Where can this online workshop manual be found? Like I stated previously, the autel does not communicate with the system even for the service mode. The system had no hydraulic components replaced (other than the rear brake pads). I did a "manual" bleed/flush with a pressure bleeder and had no signs of any air in system. (which it shouldn't, because the system wasn't opened up, just "powered down") 

any help is appreciated, Kirk

•   Level 3   
    (55) points
     Ok, final results. The autel maxiys pro was unable to communicate with the hybrid brake system,(how about it, Autel?) therefore a bleed/flush procedure could not be carried out. For whatever reason, the system required the flush/bleed procedure before it would "re-initialize". Performed the procedure with a genuine Ford diagnostic computer and the system re-initialized. Warning, it's a long multi-step process and you will go thru over a gallon of brakefluid!

•   Level 5   
    (346) points
    kawracerx

2015-07-29 18:16:33 (Reply to:bestresultscarcare)

Next time just disconnect the 12 v negative cable. Don't need to do procedures, do this on every brake job on hybrid and work at Ford dealer so don't quite a few
  Total1 Pages