Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > BMW 320i Touring service reset, won't wo...
BMW 320i Touring service reset, won't work?

2796 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: 2015-08-28 02:55:58

•   Level 7   
    (1143) points
    Matronix
    2015-08-27 07:01:23
    Maybe it is just me, but yesterday I tried to do a service reset for BMW 320i Touring (3'/320i_m52) and it would not work.

After selection service and oil reset, MaxiSys tells you to go to ignition 2 (as usual, so standard KOEO situation), and turn off engine (but that is turned off in ignition 2 situation anyway). Third condition is 'instrumental cluster OK', which I don't understand.

After confirming, the system again states that you need ignition 2 and engine turned off, which we already had. After this you can do oil reset and inspection reset. Both of them are carried out with the messages "oil service implemented" and "inspection implemented"... however, in the dash of the car it does not change the number of blocks untill service (still one yellow and one red left).

Tried with starting car, turning off ignition and then to ignition 2 but won't work, as well as several other orders for the ignition. What am I doing wrong, or is it just the MaxiSys (datalog ready, upload failed but will inform Autel asap).

Tags: maxisys

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2015-08-27 13:20:57 (Reply to:Matronix)

have you tried the manual reset using the buttons.

•   Level 7   
    (1143) points
    Matronix
    2015-08-27 13:47:55 (Reply to:busaman)
      Is this even possible without forking around with pins etc.?  This is a 1995 car.

The maxisys has an option "reset manually" which normally shows the way how to do it without a device, but it told me that this car can only be done with help of a tool?

Would love to have made a photo from that screen (capture) but don't think I did :( Car is already out of my hands and customer not mad but a bit disappointed). Would love to know the manual procedure however.

•   Level 7   
    (1143) points
    Matronix
    2015-08-27 13:55:49 (Reply to:Matronix)
     I know about the pin 7 en 19 wiring on the round pin connector (this is an E36), but now I think of it, can it be you need to wait 10 secs with the autel tool as well? They should create a countdown on it if so?

•   Level 5   
    (225) points
    Bobtech8

2015-08-27 21:30:36 (Reply to:Matronix)

Did you try pin 7 and 19? only did this once on an older BMW and it worked. I know you said you know, just wondering if you tried? I wouldnt rely on maxisys for something this old.

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2015-08-27 23:18:13 (Reply to:Matronix)

yes pin 7 & 19 normally works sorry i did not realise how old the car was as you did not say in your first post....

•   Level 7   
    (1143) points
    Matronix
    2015-08-28 02:55:58 (Reply to:busaman)
     pin 7 and 19 should work

after connecting about 4 seconds on ignition2 for oil reset and about 10 for inspection if I recall

was just hoping it would work the easy way (and prof. , customer stood beside me and forking around with pins while you have a maxisys seems stupid to say the least :)  ). Function is available in maxisys so it just should work right?

Will fix this one next week (will see the car again propably) and have send the datalog to autel. Thanx for the reactions
  Total1 Pages