Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > Vin Number Changing On BMW & Mini ???
Vin Number Changing On BMW & Mini ???

4279 Views 10 Replies Latest reply: 2015-09-08 13:31:18

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf
    2015-09-03 13:32:35
    Support:
    Can you please confirm me if MaxisysPro can Change the Vin Numbers on BMW and Mini..............On individual Modules................?

As I have just replaced ABS Module on a Mini which is from another Vehicle with different Vin Number and now there is a fault code for Vin Number not matching to the vehicle...........and if it is possible than how do you do that.............?

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2015-09-03 13:54:43 (Reply to:Ashraf)

I would first find out from a Mini Dealer if their  OE tool is able to change a VIN # of a used ABS module of the same part # as the one you replaced, before you bother with support. What ever Autel can reverse engineer and get the tool to do in a slightly different screen presentation , the Maxi may offer, but if the answer is No for the OE tool , it is No for the aftermarket one too.

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf
    2015-09-03 14:17:02 (Reply to:witsend)
     I know the OE tool can do this also there are many after market tools out there that can do this as well.................!!!!

By asking support I am not bothering the support it is their duty to answer my question and when I am using Autel tool why would I go and ask the dealer if their tool can do or not..............Please don't make me feel sick by replying me silly thing...............!!!!

And yes just to make you happy see what after market tools can do................!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGXmk2NJBwo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0cFSOW3veE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8e7p3-8xDA

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2015-09-03 15:18:49 (Reply to:Ashraf)

a couple of good looking programs there ashraf  BMW WIZARD and EXPLORER what do you know about them.

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf
    2015-09-03 15:53:40 (Reply to:busaman)
    David as we all know BMW WIZARD and EXPLORER are one of the best after market tools which can do miracles on BMW & Mini...................I just wanted to show few examples our brother who is asking me to go and ask first the dealer if OE tool can change the Vin Number...............Ahahha

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2015-09-03 23:49:57 (Reply to:Ashraf)

I feel your frustration  but no need to bite my head off though . Thank you for posting the You tube links about  the aftermarket programs for BMW that can write Vins to the modules. I doubt if half the people like me that don't work on BMWs and Minis on a daily basis even  know of the programs existence. Thanks for enlightening the rest of us though, I'm sorry for pushing people's  buttons and do hope support comes through with good news and direction for you . Sooner or later I'm going to see one I'll need to get  a module for and I'll have to change the VIN on it too.

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2015-09-06 02:20:09

Hello all, our product Maxisys pro can support to write VIN to the module. Go to Program/Coding, then click Edit to change the VIN No. Then please do module coding, the VIN No. of this module will be the same with the vehicle after coding.

•   Level 6   
    (475) points
    RLAFFECT

2015-09-06 14:46:22 (Reply to:Autel Support)

can the maxisys  mini also do this

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2015-09-07 00:29:34 (Reply to:RLAFFECT)

Maxisys and Maxisys Mini can support to change VIN code too, except those vehicles with F chassis.

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2015-09-07 01:30:45 (Reply to:Autel Support)

does that include ENGINE ECU MATCHING..
  Total2 Pages