Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > 2011 Saab 9-5 no communication with maxi...
2011 Saab 9-5 no communication with maxi sys mini updates??

2061 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: 2015-09-25 01:31:49

•   Level 3   
    (90) points
    jmniagara
    2015-09-24 08:48:15
    Anyone have any luck getting into a saab 9-5 with the maxi sys? I'm try to get into a 2011 but the scanner only goes up to 2010...I know some times you can trick some cars with going back a year....but I have no luck comunicating with anything using the 2010 setting my updates expired in june....are there any updates for Saab?

Tags: saab

•   Level 5   
    (225) points
    Bobtech8

2015-09-24 09:31:03 (Reply to:jmniagara)

I have asked this for over a year. I was playing around and found that saab 95 is shared with a buick Lacrosse. I have one 2011 95 and worried what to read this car with tech 2 doesnt go that new. Shure enough car came in went into GM and auto vin read saab then asked motor size then went into buick picked lacrosse and read at least 10 plus modules. i had many codes seemed like it was fine didnt clear or touch it was in just for oilchange. Let me know how you make out! 

•   Level 3   
    (90) points
    jmniagara
    2015-09-24 10:17:42 (Reply to:Bobtech8)
    Worked like a charm under Gm - Buick - lacrosse-2011- 3.0l for engine size...I have
    the 2.8 turbo in the saab....did auto scan...got into every module....I had several
    codes...I was able to get into everything and clear all codes....very cool. Now why
    couldn't autel intergrate this with the Saab file in the scanner.

•   Level 7   
    (1143) points
    Matronix

2015-09-25 01:31:49 (Reply to:jmniagara)

because it a 'fix' which works, but ofcourse it is not the official way. Programming things into the saab software is a little bit more work and they focus on the brands/cars widely available (this Saab is not that widespread ofcourse). Not that I think it is right, the car is certainly in parts of Europe, seen more then a few times a year (in the shops) but I feel this is the reason (focus time).

Same for new car lines they implemented some time ago; first data is available but in depth software dev. seemed to have halted since trouble come along in the major brands and they do focus and work hard on fixing that.
  Total1 Pages