Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > I have 2 Maxidas DS708's One is fully up...
I have 2 Maxidas DS708's One is fully up to date the other is up to date to 2014, The one that is up to date to 2014 is for only '96 to '14 model diag.

2747 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: 2015-10-18 11:04:59

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    gradyauto
    2015-10-12 09:42:08
     The older unit is used for only '96 to '13 diagnostics and I do not plan to update it at this time. Problem is the SD card has some corrupt files (369.tab, Diag.exe, SpecialFunctions.tab, autel_4A.tab, autel_4B.tab, autel_09_0.idx, (will not transfer to new card))and will not copy to any file or SD card for backup. I have tried DS708 updater newest version and it does build the operating system but no makes are included. Can I obtain or download the LAST vehicle update I had in 2014 so I can at least use the unit for my older model diagnostics. S/N: DS011Q002991

Tags: DS708

•   Level 9   
    (3413) points
    Support02

2015-10-13 04:47:56 (Reply to:gradyauto)

Checking this serial NoDS011Q002991 has been expired. If you don't have the completed backup files, I am sorry there is no other way to download the software, but to purchase updating to open the downloading channels. I am sorry and hope you understand.

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    gradyauto
    2015-10-13 11:51:26 (Reply to:Support02)
     I understand and you should understand, I should have access to previous data that came with my unit. I need you to also understand I will take strong consideration of purchasing a competitor  brand on my next purchase. I own 3 Autel diag tools and an Autel PS100 Power Scan. could be the last purchase to Autel. Besides it is more cost effective to buy a new scanner then to pay for updates!

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    gradyauto
    2015-10-13 12:02:44 (Reply to:gradyauto)
     OH! By the way, I did a Windows disk repair of the SD card (for those who may need to know), repaired sectors and files and now it reads the SD card. Backed it up and put it on a new SD card.Thanks for not helping, I learned A LOT about Autel! Every one should know you are only interested in over charged paid updates customers, even when a customer is a regular purchaser of your products of new products!.

•   Level 4   
    (113) points
    Brendan

2015-10-18 11:04:59 (Reply to:gradyauto)

I just bought a used ds708. Got it Thursday. Scanned a couple of cars(2005 Honda Odyssey-ok, 2007 Toyota Yaris-ok. 2000 Nissan xterra, would not read engine data list, just codes and OBD 2) just to check out tool, so far ok. It has the common small pop up window with the "GetSysInfoFromRegTab()" message. I just close that out clicking on x a few times. I tried to make a copy BEFORE trying the scan_arm file fix.  of the 4 GB car that came with it on to 8GB SD card(bought extras) on my laptop running windows 7. I get messages to repair SD card. I selected NO. Then a bunch of missing files, tabs ect. pop up, needless to say the copy didn't work right when put in to scanner. I get messages to repair SD card. I am concerned if my laptop does that it will make the original 4 GB SD card useless in the scan tool.

I am also missing all the Ford applications. The icon is there but after selecting Ford the screen is just blank except for upper  buttons, esc ect. I can click on box to show version and it shows message "Ford. The software can test the vehicle which was produred(- Accutal misspelling displayed)  between the year 1996 and 2012 year".

I would really like to have the Ford applications working, apparently the people that had the tool before me deleted the Ford apps. and did not update and maintain software correctly or for best use. I could see the update times and applications updated in  the files.

Can you send me files or updates? bmwbrendan@yahoo.com

Total1 Pages