Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > GM Programming - not supported ?
GM Programming - not supported ?

2903 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: 2015-12-22 03:47:56

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    gendos01
    2015-12-18 17:49:54

Hi ,

I just got maxsys PRO couple of weeks ago . I need to program Rear Object Detection control module and it appears GM ECU Programming is not supported any more as of latest version .

Can it be re-enabled ?

My  understanding that I can also use J2534 to program gm ECU . I could not find much of documentation for this .

Can someone answer some/all questions

1. Do I need to install PC suite to use J2534  or Do I need to use GM software ?

2. Where can I sign up to buy GM programming files ? Website ?

3. How will my PC communicated to J2534 ? Do I need a hardwire ? Bluetooth on PC ?

The way I see it is - I need to hook up J2534 to the car . Somehow I need connect it also to PC  . Then I need to have some software that can download GM Programming files and then I need to PUSH them from PC ? Is there any documentation available ?

Thank you

Gene

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    auto

2015-12-18 22:22:18 (Reply to:gendos01)

I have same problem .All ( gm cars)There is no choose programming

•   Level 9   
    (3413) points
    Support02

2015-12-21 06:44:05 (Reply to:gendos01)

Hi Gene, to program GM, you need to use J2534 with the OEM software from the following website: http://www.gmtechinfo.com/ 

Since J2534 allows multiple devices to be connected at once, you must tell the software you want to use the MaxiFlash Pro. Every application will have a different way to select the device, so please consult the software manual.

•   Level 6   
    (489) points
    tech54

2015-12-22 03:47:56 (Reply to:gendos01)

Hi Gene, support gave you the proper website to take a subscription where you can choose amount of time just to program I think two day price is $55 US. You'll have the option also to get programming along with tech2Win or GDS2 for more money but should ask support if maxisys pro J2534 works with that software (don't know but final instructions might need a module set-up capability).First of all need J-box drivers installed on your PC from that manufacturer,second take subscription which is going to check PC environment use ethernet to connect from their j-box not bluetooth. GM will ask if you want to install Midi and tech 2 win drivers which you can skip if your not using them then will force you to make sure Java script is current (do before subscription). There is no program to install as everything will be done right off their servers if hardware working and your able to pick your device even if unknown or non-validated. As far as programming the ECU that your asking about can't verify that it's available and maybe not even necessary (plug it in and check) but if blank put back old ECU for server to check first before replace. Hope this helps  to get started.
  Total1 Pages