Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > tpms left right
tpms left right

2235 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2016-02-07 04:56:43

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    JKU2015
    2016-02-06 04:43:37
     Hello, I have a 2015 Jeep JKU. I had a TPMS error saying Left Right error. Thinking it was the wheel sensor I swapped the Driver Side Rear tire with my spare (all 5 locations are new wheels/tires). I upgraded from stock wheel/tires to 33.5"tires with new sensors Not sure how to reprogram ECU? Or if that is my issue. I have been running with the light on solid now for a few days so it's not the issue of it clearing after driving for a bit (same deal before I swapped spare with wheel too). Any ideas what I need to do next, hoping to avoid having to plunk down 700 bucks for a TPMS programmer.

Tags: TPMS

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2016-02-07 04:56:43 (Reply to:JKU2015)

I'm not sure a 2014 model year  Jeep has the same part # wheel sensors as a 2015,but if you have a Bi directional scanner that has Bi directional TPMS functionality like a  Maxi Check Pro, DS 708 or a Maxi Sys Pro , you might be able to get by with a TS 401 that has menu options for cars through 2014 that you can find and buy off E bay in the USA for a very reasonable cost of  about $150 some places are selling them for now.
     I could not get a reply from support if the TS 401 will still be supported by updates for another few years yet , so I  have to assume take a no reply to the question is that the TS401 is clearance priced  now  because it being discontinued soon  and 2.59 is the last update we'll likely see.
      If the new tire sensors are indeed the correct application by part # for a 2015 jeep and if they are the same ones used in earlier model jeeps and the tire installer of them Silly 33.5 inch after\market Donk Rimz didn't F" things up you might still have a new car warranty .Why folk spend $2k to ruin the ride and handling of  a properly engineered vehicle, void their warranties,  and cause even more rattles and vibrations in a new Chrysler product than it already comes with new , by adding Subs in da trunk for Ghetto bling defies understanding. 
  Total1 Pages