Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > Successfully Programed New Key 09 Avenge...
Successfully Programed New Key 09 Avenger DS708

2678 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: 2016-02-19 12:26:06

•   Level 2   
    (26) points
    cllark1
    2016-02-13 06:25:34
      I was able to program a new key for a 09 Avenger.The most difficult step was finding the key programming function.Once I found the programming function it was very easy.You will need the four digit pin.I was able to get it from the dealer.At first they wanted thirty dollars for the code but after explaining that the car was purchased used from their dealership with only one key they gave it to me for free.You will have to show proof of ownership.The key programming function is under the Body Module.
    1 Connect to the ECM
    2 Select Control Unit 
    3 Select Body Module
    3 Select WCM /TPMS - Wireless Control that is where you will find key programming.

Tags: key

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2016-02-13 14:57:39 (Reply to:cllark1)

Thanks for taking the time to post this information to help other people find the function in the tool for this particular  Chrysler product and execute it.

•   Level 2   
    (26) points
    cllark1
    2016-02-14 03:41:37 (Reply to:witsend)
     Thank you.This seems to be the only solution for lack of a detailed manual for the DS708.I googled everything I could think of and found nothing related to this particular car.I actually was on hold for about thirty minutes waiting for someone in technical support to walk me through the procedure. Finally I got someone on the phone who said the DS708 should be capable of programming key.I asked them to walk me through the procedure,and was put back on hold.While waiting I started going in different modules and finally found key programming.So I would encourage others to post procedures for other little or non documented procedures.

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf

2016-02-15 09:42:04 (Reply to:cllark1)

Thanks for your good info............

•   Level 4   
    (126) points
    Champ84

2016-02-19 12:26:06

Guy, what if the car is imported and finding the pin is difficult ?!!! what is the other method ?
  Total1 Pages