Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Asian Cars > Caused VSC to become disabled on a USA 2...
Caused VSC to become disabled on a USA 2006 Acura TL with my DS708

3930 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: 2017-10-02 04:46:15

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2016-02-14 19:47:05
      I have Version 7 Acura on my DS708 and did an Auto scan, I was nosing around in ABS functions and thought I would check and see what the nuetral position calibration is for . It read out some instructions that I should follow if I were to perform procedure, but my only option on page was to tick ok with no escape or back button. I clicked ok and on the next page I managed to escape and got back to the Auto scan result page and selected quick erase. Before driving the vehicle the yellow triangle with exclamation mark  is now illuminated on the left and VSC light comes on after driving  a half a block. When scanning ABS I keep getting code 84-1 that I caused with the DS708 and would not clear.  I initially thought I inadvertently caused an internal failure of the ABS  module but doing an internet search on code 84 it appears I need to follow through with the nuetral position calibration procedure to zero a VSC sensor when my customer returns.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/acuramstr/2010-03-20_144520_Binder1.pdf

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf

2016-02-14 21:23:46 (Reply to:witsend)

Have you tried do Steering Angle Sensor Adaption...........? if not than try doing it and see what happens..............

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2016-11-04 02:43:48 (Reply to:Ashraf)
      I did a quick clear of  all the codes of an auto scan today on a 2005 Honda Accord and now I have the yellow triangle with exclamation mark illuminated in the middle of the instrument cluster just like what happened on Acura TL.
     I tried to do the VSA Neutralization Procedure using the DS 708 (called Nuetral function , that resets 3 sensors) and there is a selection  on menu on bottom to short SCS but couldn't get DS 708 to successfully reset the sensors.Trying the steps below. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Has anyone ran into this after clearing codes in ABS/TCS/VSC module needed to perform the Neutral function and it works on DS708?
    1. Park the vehicle on a flat and level surface.
    2. With the ignition switch OFF, connect the HDS to the 16P date link connector (DLC) (A) under the driver's side of the dashboard.
    Fig 1: Connecting HDS To 16P Date Link Connector (DLC) Under Driver's Side Of Dashboard
    Courtesy of AMERICAN HONDA MOTOR CO., INC.
    3. Short the SCS circuit using the HDS.
    2006 Acura TL 3.2L Eng
    Page 1 of 2Printer Friendly View
    2/15/2016http://www1.shopkeypro.com/Print/Index?content=article&module=false& tab=false&term...
    4. Turn the ignition switch ON (II) with the brake pedal position switch released.
    5. The ABS indicator comes on for 2 seconds and goes off.
    6. After the ABS indicator goes off, press and release the VSA OFF switch once within 0.5 seconds.
    7. After the ABS indicator comes on, press and release the VSA OFF switch once within 0.5 seconds.
    8. The VSA activation indicator blinks two times and goes off in 1 second, then the system completes the VSA sensor neutral position memorization.
    9. When the ABS indicator, VSA indicator and VSA activation indicator go off, the memorizing is done. If the indicators do not go off, retry these steps.
    10. Turn the ignition switch OFF, and disconnect the HDS from the 16P DLC.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2017-10-02 04:46:15 (Reply to:Ashraf)
     After I cleared all codes on a 2006 Acura RL and zeroed all sensors with my Maxi Sys Pro the yellow triangle and code 84-1 did not reset on this car.
  Total1 Pages