Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Asian Cars > which maxisys is better value
which maxisys is better value

2218 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: 2016-02-20 19:46:34

•   Level 2   
    (19) points
    drew m
    2016-02-19 09:24:27
     hi first post I was looking for some guidance as to which maxisys unit to buy is it worth the extra for the pro unit given the issues people are having flashing.  Also has anyone successfully linked with a Isuzu trooper 3.0 4jx1. Excellent forum, very informative. Thanks

Tags: maxisys

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2016-02-19 18:23:43 (Reply to:drew m)

given the limitations on programming (only BMW and Mercedes) have any real use  i would say the DS908 is better value

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2016-02-20 03:53:00 (Reply to:drew m)

If I knew that one or more major manufacturer's software at any given time wouldn't be in the toilet experiencing some sort of major issue requiring a significant update to patch something up and there was  a cut and dry way to back up software and easily revert back to the earlier version of a makes software, I would be inclined to buy the Maxi Sys Elite because it has a higher capacity removable battery , faster processor, and a J2534 device that still works with a OE subscription  when you need it for programming .Update costs are pricey and hope I would  not update it for at least 3years after my sub runs out, but odds will be some make's software that I need will be in the Crapper at time of my expiration , LOL

•   Level 2   
    (19) points
    drew m
    2016-02-20 19:46:34 (Reply to:witsend)
     thanks too busaman and witsend for replies. 
    Anyone managed to connect successfully to a Isuzu trooper 3.0 4jx1 model these are notoriously hard to scan mostly with a tech 2 with trooper software 
    thanks
  Total1 Pages