Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > OT: can the GM Tech 2 or GDS 2 program i...
OT: can the GM Tech 2 or GDS 2 program immobilizers (including key replacements & programming) ??

2401 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2016-02-20 16:53:45

•   Level 4   
    (126) points
    Champ84
    2016-02-19 11:52:55
     ?

•   Level 3   
    (56) points
    pistonpin

2016-02-20 16:53:45 (Reply to:Champ84)

Yes the Tech 2 can program immobilizers and keys. Why are you asking here? This is the Autel forum. It is designed to help us with Autel products, not other equipment. That being said, the moderators on this forum don't do their job very well. There are many unanswered posts with questions of all types. They usually respond with "send us a data log, include vin number, bla, bla, bla". They will get back to you. Not. The tool has no functions for GM immobilzer functions that I have found. Most of the older ones program onboard. The newer models not so much. They require a pin code to program, and the Autel tools won't pull that pin or let you look at the module. Please correct me and prove that if any of these words are wrong. Yes, you can access a bcm, cluster, etc. The problem is "special functions" lets you reset and oil reminder, repark wiper blades, and yes program modules and keys. Only on specific makes. The administrator of the Autel site needs to grab the bull by the horns and tell us (in English please, for your customers in the USA) why we have to fight so hard to see what your tools can and cannot do! A nice pdf of the software functions for all models is available for download. IF you can find it. Then the fuctions list $f&ys or of223 if you can decode the iconic message saying what can and cant do at the very bottom of a very confusing chart. Wake up Autel! Need help, get back to me! At least respond to my last "data log". You seriously need a dedicated moderator to police and help the forum on YOUR customer's first choice for a response. Not my tool, it is YOURS. How do you support your customers? Please respond. I can help you help us. Your customer. And please take the time to review at least ONE of my datalogs, if it is not too much to ask. Thanks Autel.
  Total1 Pages