Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > Maxidas 708 will not detect 2004 Dodge D...
Maxidas 708 will not detect 2004 Dodge Dakota

2566 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: 2018-11-04 20:04:40

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    gearhead920
    2016-04-03 15:15:23
     Just purchased a new Maxidas 708, updated the programs as specified in the instructions. Trying to use it on a 2004 Dakota to reprogram key fobs. It will not auto detect the truck, I have to enter it manually. It will then read engine codes, and access the airbag, but will not enter the parameters of the body control module. When I try to go into SKM, it says  to check key, check cable, etc.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2016-04-05 14:02:43 (Reply to:gearhead920)

I have a  Maxidas running  older Chrysler Version 7.1 software ( using the Maxidas 16pin Chrysler  Adapter )it was able to Auto scan a 98 Dodge Grand Caravan and a 2001 Dodge Durango that could  see and display ABS module with a ! or ? and if I tried going into the modules, it would display something like "Unknown Control Variant" I had to use my old Snappy MT 2500 on both vehicles to communicate with ABS and it displayed the ABS codes, and read  data.
      On  the 02 Durango , From the Body Control module the ancient  Snappy MT2500 also pulled History codes that the  Maxidas somehow missed the History codes in Body that only showed a current code.Neither tool had option to program factory Key less entry remote. My TS401 is great to test if the keyless remotes are at least functional though
       It's been since August 2014 since my software has expired.  I have been reading the forum , seeing requests for repair of functionality waiting to hear about Updates that actually fix  old complaints. Seen many  data log requests  sent in for  fix of  things for 10 year old cars that will likely never be fixed or added back .
         I decided to hold off  upgrade to new Maxi Sys for time being.  I need to think twice about even updating DS708 for $600 to get newer car  coverage soon if the broken  old coverage remains  unfixed and allegedly may have lost more older car functionality during all system architecture changes to avoid further lawsuits and  prevents you from archiving and running your older versions of your software any longer which I think will likely occur to the Maxidas on the next System update.

•   Level 9   
    (3413) points
    Support02

2016-04-07 08:29:44 (Reply to:gearhead920)

Could you please collect datalog for our checking?

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    rmiller

2018-11-04 20:04:40 (Reply to:gearhead920)

did you ever get this to work as i also have a 2004 dakota and want to reprogram a couple of key fobs i bought. i don't have the old fob (:
  Total1 Pages