Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > 2012 Volvo XC60 EPB
2012 Volvo XC60 EPB

2859 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: 2017-04-12 20:54:41

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    gerlinan
    2016-04-11 13:25:55
     I have updated the Maxicheck Pro software to version 6.0 and I still get the "not supported at this time" error message when trying to put the vehicle in service mode to change the rear brake pads. I checked again this morning for a new update and the Autel update claims I have all the updated software for the Volvo XC-60 PBM. Anyone get this to work on a 2012 Volvo EPB? 

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2016-04-12 08:50:10 (Reply to:gerlinan)

Hi, this car should be supported by Maxicheck Pro. When the message "The selected function is not supported at the moment" shows, the prerequisites of the function may not be fully met which leads to function failure. Please check if you've met below conditions when processing this function. Thanks!

1, The vehicle must be stationary.
    2, Ignition switch position II.
    3, The engine must be switched off.
    4, Battery voltage at least 12.0 V.

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    WS2

2016-05-30 07:09:50 (Reply to:Autel Support)

hi, i've got same problem with volvo s60 2012. Motpro 908eu volvo upgraded to v 6.10.

•   Level 2   
    (21) points
    Aron

2016-08-15 19:57:34 (Reply to:WS2)

To put ignition to mode II refer to "OWNER'S MANUAL"- Ignition modes chapter. 

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    CaptAndy

2017-04-12 20:54:41 (Reply to:gerlinan)

I got it to work but not at first. I got the " not supported at this time " error message. This is a bit misleading as it makes you think its a soft ware upgrade problem or that the EPB doesn't support your model.

However I made 2 mistakes . First the Volvo was not in Ignition II position. You have to put the key in and then hold the start button for 2 secs. Then the lights come on and you know you are in. This then leads to the second problem which is the EPB needs 12 volts to run . You can check this via the Live data option. I actually put the battery charger on overnight and then ran the EPB. It went straight into service mode , no problem. Then I switched everything off after 30 secs

Even then its not over as I thought the EPB would wind the caliper piston all the way back but it doesn't. Use a good single spreader and PUSH not twist. Quite hard,

After the mechanical bit I carried out the installation check. All well and no errors.

A good bit of kit!

Total1 Pages