(177) points
    mohammed
    2016-04-23 16:47:11
    Hi dear I can't read pin code for 1998 vw golf4 for immoblizer

•   Level 2   
    (31) points
    AutoAuris

2016-04-24 23:35:40 (Reply to:mohammed)

The support should do something about PIN reading... We pay a fair amount of money, but we can't have a normal VAG group PIN read...

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2016-04-25 04:05:03 (Reply to:AutoAuris)

Here is my take why PIN code is not available. It is a way the car makers want to provide extra security so a general auto repair person can't just go make a copy of a customer's key without the customer's knowledge and program it and then go to the customer's house at night and steal the car. If the customer wants to provide a trusted shop his car's PIN number , all they need to do is go to a dealer and provide sufficient ID and proof of ownership, the dealer should provide the PIN#. I know it is inconvenient and the chances are slim, but What would happen if some Religious or political Zeallot,(not one of the peaceful silent majority that are too afraid to speak up)be it a Jew, Christian , Buddist, Hindu, or whoever that gets some Almighty Calling to steal someone's car and load it with fertilizer and blow's up innocent people. Later  he get's caught and says he was able to retrieve the customer's  car PIN code and program the key to steal the car with an Autel scanner. It is ridiculous but that is why we all have to get our balls and bags X-Rayed at the airport.  Do you not think that Autel would not escape some liability?I know it's a stretch but who knows?LMFAO

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2016-04-25 06:46:47 (Reply to:witsend)

lol i like your take but a crazyman would not spend $3000 on a maxisys when he could simply spend $10 on a china k+can commander which also has the option of immo off/on read pin change km and many other functions.... in fact better than the maxisys in many ways at least the functions lised actually work....

so to me that is a lame excuse as many european cars you can not even reset service functions without the PIN so that makes maxisys etc USELESS.

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2016-04-26 07:23:21 (Reply to:mohammed)

PIN code reading function is under development.

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf

2016-04-26 09:17:43 (Reply to:Autel Support)

Support:

We have been hearing that for a while but when will that be leased...................?
  Total1 Pages