Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > pcm/key erase issue
pcm/key erase issue

4187 Views 8 Replies Latest reply: 2016-06-15 22:27:19

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    ric4sail
    2016-05-28 00:11:54
    I have the 908P: I replaced the PCM in a 2000 Ford Focus Z-Tech, followed all the instruction for key erasure but the autel seems to freeze at the 9 second mark on the task bar. Any others have this problem?

•   Level 5   
    (243) points
    FX4

2016-05-28 03:29:20 (Reply to:ric4sail)

Make sure you clear all DTCs before doing the key clear, If you replaced with used PCM make sure spare key programming is enabled. If all else fails just do a key add with your current keys. The old keys will still be in the PCM but it won't matter as they will not physically turn the switch.

•   Level 9   
    (3413) points
    Support02

2016-05-31 08:46:07 (Reply to:ric4sail)

Hello Sir, we have released beta version V6.12.10 to you, please download it to have a test. And also for this case, you can also try to program Key manually.

After easing key, it will appearing the 10s process bar, please ignition off and program it as following:
    1. Turn the ignition key to position 0
    2. Cycle key1 in the ignition from OFF to RUN for at least 3 seconds.
    3. Cycle key2 in the ignition from OFF to RUN for at least 3 seconds.
    4. Cycle key1 in the ignition from OFF to RUN for at least 3 seconds.
    Two keys are now programmed.

•   Level 7   
    (817) points
    spikeoo7

2016-06-06 03:20:44 (Reply to:Support02)

yeah right, it needs to be in programming mode first, security needs to be granted.

•   Level 3   
    (62) points
    Mariusz78

2016-06-08 12:31:28 (Reply to:Support02)

You can only program new third key if you have 2 ALREADY programmed keys. you can't program new key this way if you don't have 2 working keys

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    bmwmov3n

2016-06-12 14:56:13

I have the same issue with a 2007 Ford Expedition. I replaced the pcm and I have 2 working keys. I can get access to the security functions but when I try to erase keys or any other functions it stops and says "fault detected". The only fault in the old pcm was P1000 which can't be erased with a scanner. Now with the new pcm it says "theft detected, vehicle immobilized". I have the Elite with Ford V6.12.

•   Level 5   
    (243) points
    FX4

2016-06-12 17:59:54 (Reply to:bmwmov3n)

Since you replaced the PCM you have a vin mis-match between the PCM & PATS module, not a problem you just have to do the following steps, BTW: in PATS language WORKING keys means keys that will start the vehicle, not turn the ignition switch. If you replaced the PCM you won't have working keys. Also, and I guess you already know this, on this vehicle the PATS module is in the instrument cluster.
    1. go into the PATS security module (connect a battery charger if needed to keep the voltage at least 12 volts)
    2. select ICM/PCM parameter reset
    3. select PCM/TCM parameter reset (if available)
    4. exit security
    5. look in the PCM. If you can find Keep alive memory reset do select it. (KAM reset)
    6. exit diagnostics and wait 1 minute.
    7. cycle the key to the run position(do not start) Do this 3 times for at least 30 seconds each.
    8 after the 3rd time go back into the security module and erase all keys.
    9. exit diagnostics and wait 30 seconds
    10. cycle key 1 to run for at least 3 seconds then back to off
    11. cycle key 2 to run for at least 3 seconds then back to off
    12. again cycle key 1 back to run for 3 seconds then back to off.
    13 vehicle should now start with both keys.
    14 add additional keys using the procedure in the manual or let me know if you need to know how.
    Thanks

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    JeffSmooth

2016-06-15 17:06:12 (Reply to:Support02)

how do i get this version? im having th e same issue with 02 ford ranger with3.0. cannot program PATS after new pcm

•   Level 5   
    (243) points
    FX4

2016-06-15 22:27:19 (Reply to:JeffSmooth)

Which scan tool are you using? The process is the same despite the tool, but different depending on the model. The '02 ranger has PATS "E" which is in the PCM. All you need to do for this vehicle is clear all keys, That will put the PCM in learn mode. Then just use the last part of the process(with the scan tool disconnected) to program the 2 keys required to start the vehicle. Don't try PROGRAMMING new keys until after the PCM has LEARN the 2 keys it initially needs. If you're having specific issues just tell us what they are.
    Thanks

Total1 Pages