Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Asian Cars > how to programm a used ecu for toyota co...
how to programm a used ecu for toyota corolla 2010 by maxisys

3776 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: 2016-11-16 22:21:07

•   Level 3   
    (84) points
    biju-asc
    2016-06-08 11:21:25
    Toyota corolla

•   Level 7   
    (817) points
    spikeoo7

2016-06-09 01:56:13 (Reply to:biju-asc)

all you need is a piece of wire to jump/bypass pin 4 and 13 of the diagnostic connector DLC for more than 30 minutes, I do it for 45 minutes. you will see many lights on the dash flashing if you don't, you have jumped the wrong pins, after 45 minutes turn key off and remove jumper, now the vehicle should start and run. meanwhile you can seat there turn on your maxisys and pretend your doing something important.you may change the vin number in the ecm/pcm/ engine computer with your maxisys/ maxidas if you like. some states requires to have the correct vin number for emissions/inspection purposes but not required to start vehicle.

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    jorge

2016-10-03 03:25:26 (Reply to:spikeoo7)

I tried to write a vin in a new pcm, but always shows ,,no communication with vehicle,,
    do you now why? The vehicle was a 2006 Toyota corolla

•   Level 7   
    (817) points
    spikeoo7

2016-10-03 13:40:50 (Reply to:jorge )

that could be so many things, assuming there is nothing wrong with the tool you used to try to communicate with this vehicle, there could have been so many things that affects communication, such as voltage and grounds to the control module, missing or poor connections, data bus communication open or shorted, wrong module installed etc.  does this vehicle starts and runs?I will say the first thing I will try will be another scanner, to rule out that possibility. Check all fuses. besides the ecm is there any other module/ecu you can not communicate with ? if so, then that maybe a lead to follow. get a wiring diagram of that vehicle and look at all the modules on that network and compare them to your auto scan results, the ones missing could be on the same network, ( computer data line) disconnect one at time until communication can be restored with the ecm. keep in mind that the hardest thing to do on todays vehicle is resolving a data bus issue, even the most seasoned techs on the field will sometimes have a real hard time resolving it.  you will need lots of patience, unlimited amount. good wiring diagrams and of-course an understanding of how they work.  youtube is your buddy. good luck.

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    alhejabworkshop

2016-11-16 16:26:52 (Reply to:spikeoo7)

Sir can I apply it to hilux 2012 model gasoline? Jumping pin 4 and 13? To reprogram ecu? Or just to reset ecu?

•   Level 7   
    (817) points
    spikeoo7

2016-11-16 22:07:39 (Reply to:alhejabworkshop)

It will not hurt to try it. I'd have never worked on a Hilux so I can't say. this method resets ecu and clear all adaptations, not program it.  this is not required on a new ucu/ecm  since it comes in learning mode.

•   Level 7   
    (817) points
    spikeoo7

2016-11-16 22:15:32 (Reply to:jorge )

I took the time to try to answer your question in the best of my ability. why aren't you coming back to  post results and show some appreciation for the free help you received. in the future when you get no replies to your question you will know why.

•   Level 7   
    (817) points
    spikeoo7

2016-11-16 22:21:07 (Reply to:biju-asc)

same goes for you, don't ask any more questions if your not coming back.
  Total1 Pages