Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Asian Cars > reprogram immobilizer 2006 honda civic?
reprogram immobilizer 2006 honda civic?

3609 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: 2017-02-14 15:20:53

•   Level 2   
    (15) points
    gary para
    2016-06-11 21:25:45
     I have a 2006 honda civic 1.8L that needs to have a used computer installed and reset along with immobilizer reprogrammed for the key.
    Any suggestions, which one do I install first main computer???
    I have no experience with reset or immobilizer using the autel???

•   Level 7   
    (817) points
    spikeoo7

2016-06-13 12:29:45 (Reply to:gary para)

just go to immobilizer and click on pcm replacement if that is the only module your replacing. if also replacing the immobilizer then do that also click on immobilizer replacement from the same menu. However the big question here is will it do it, will it be available since so much has been removed, only certain vehicles are found randomly, hope yours is one of them.

•   Level 2   
    (35) points
    plcautoparts

2016-06-13 13:28:55

Luckly I haven't had any issues with honda pcm replacement, it should work fine.

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    kevinmulcahy

2017-01-29 03:02:32

I just replaced an used ecm in a 2006 honda civic. Went to program it and it is there to program. Everytime I go to program it, it comes back saying canceled and wont do it. I have tried it under the ecm side and the imo side, any ideas?

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2017-02-14 15:20:53 (Reply to:kevinmulcahy)

This is at least a 3 year old you tube video done with an old Autel DS708(The tool that Autel  lists as having only Minimal Coding Abilities in comparison chart to a Maxisys) outlining  the steps required to change a PCM on a 2005 Honda Pilot. I don't know if this example of OE tool capability still works on a DS708 or a MaxiSYS 905 or 908 any longer with later car coverage after reading the forums for a few years and reading about functionality of older car coverage being allegedly compromised when folk update for new car coverage. I figure some of the former awesome Chinese OE Hack coverage complete with humorous Chinglish is being relegated to history as Autel scanners are slowly being Straponified with a Slick interface  but increasingly having to conform to legal BS protecting OE intellectual properties that the OE tool makers want to keep as their own and eventually only be  subscription based and J2534 accessed as intended. It still does more than a Strap On but for how long?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrAX3K1T-GE
  Total1 Pages