Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > pclink.exe high process
pclink.exe high process

2449 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: 2017-04-21 05:39:10

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    importrepair
    2016-07-13 12:55:09
     We are running an Autel MaxiSys tablet.  Pclink.exe is the software that allows the tablet to print via Wifi through the server computer.  It's a dual core computer, and several times a day I catch pclink.exe running one of my cpus at 100%.  I am able to kill the process, and reload Pclink, and it will calm down. Eventually it always ramps back up.  I have searched for software updates and have not found any. Currently running MaxiSys Printer V2.04.  Please advise, if there are any solutions for this.

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2016-07-20 08:42:58 (Reply to:importrepair)

Hi, please make sure that the PC in which Maxisys Print software is installed and Maxisys are in the same network, within the same IP range. Not sure if the antivirus software or firewall security setting on the PC has prevented Maxisys Printer to work normally. You may stop them temporarily to check the result. Thanks! 

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    importrepair
    2016-08-10 19:45:56 (Reply to:Autel Support)
     Desktop PC Local IP: 192.168.1.85
    Autel Tablet IP: 192.168.1.107

Desktop is connected to internet modem via Ethernet.
    Tablet is connected to same modem via Wifi.

The only antivirus software present is Microsoft Security Essentials / Windows Defender.
    I have checked the windows Firewall settings, and PClink.exe is checked and allowed to access the network.

The Maxisys Printer works. It's not a problem with function. It's the processor power that it builds up over a few hours, even though we only print a handful of times a day.  

•   Level 5   
    (232) points
    nikkoms

2017-04-21 05:39:10 (Reply to:importrepair)

I'm in the same boat as this user. Every PC I install this on, the CPU usage from this application will eventually increase to an unacceptable level. I've uninstalled it until Autel can come up with a fix. 
  Total1 Pages