Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > MaxiDas DS708 - Ford?
MaxiDas DS708 - Ford?

2319 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: 2016-07-28 18:59:04

•   Level 2   
    (15) points
    cwolfey
    2016-07-27 18:49:25

Looking to purchase this unit..

Question will the Maxidas DS708 allow me to Turn On "Customer Key Programming" in Ford vehicles?

It my understanding this is an option that needs to be programmed by dealer tool

•   Level 5   
    (243) points
    FX4

2016-07-28 05:41:48 (Reply to:cwolfey)

The DS708 will do this on all TIMED PATS vehicles, I don't think it will on CODED PATS vehicles. The option to enable or disable customer key programming is on the same menu with the other PATS functions, including add a key, erase and program keys, enable, disable unlimited key mode.
    Thx.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2016-07-28 15:45:58 (Reply to:cwolfey)

I have a DS 708 that I successfully programmed Ford PATS keys before but DS 708 is now a old discontinued model scanner and hardware support will be ending  for it next year and worthwhile updates that ad new vehicle coverage have become scarcer than the newer maxi sys platform that replaces it. I do like that the DS 708 OS and software is on the SD card and you can copy the card onto a new Bigger SD card and save the original SD card software and even make another  Back up SD card software out of that larger SDcard later before your subscription runs out .
       I am still trying to find out if anyone that made a back up copy of their entire Maxi Sys scan folder and saved it to a micro SD card has it successfully  recovered the complete operation of there maxi sys scanner operation with it once THEY ARE  OUT OF THEIR SUBSCRIPTION  PERIOD .  Anyone?

•   Level 5   
    (243) points
    FX4

2016-07-28 18:59:04 (Reply to:witsend)

Witsend makes an excellent point here, if you have older vehicles, get a great price, and only expect a few years out of it's worth it. I bought my 2nd one from harbor freight back in may on mothers day because of their 30 % discount off the $1099 price. I did it because the total was only a couple hundred over the cost of a years updates on my old DS708, and the new one has a year of updates. If I can get one good ford update I'll be satisfied. I'd love to have gotten the MS906TS but it just wasn't worth it to me compared to the DS708. I dug deep into it and you actually come out better in several ways getting the plain 906 and the TS601 separately.
    So, if you can afford it, get the 906, it's actually the replacement for 708.

Total1 Pages