Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Asian Cars > DS708 no communication with PCM in 2003 ...
DS708 no communication with PCM in 2003 BA Ford Flacon FPV GT-P 5.4 litre V8 4V Auto Trans

2307 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2016-08-19 21:34:45

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    nikvuko
    2016-08-16 09:23:59

I am having a problem with my MaxiDAS DS708,  I have version AU Ford V9.13 software and I am not aware this problem was listed as a fix in the latest software update?

The problem is, no communication with the PCM (Power Train Control Module) in a 2003 BA Falcon FPV GT-P 5.4 liter 4V Auto Trans vehicle and I do not believe there is a problem with the PCM itself or vehicle wiring.   I have a suspicion I have seen the same problem on other Ford AU and BA Falcon vehicles that I have also tried to scan before but I ignored it because I was not looking for PCM related problems or PCM DTCs at the time?

It is able to communicate successfully with other modules such as BEM, ABS/TCS, HIM (HVAC), IC & SRS but also cannot communicate with ACM (Audio control module) which is also called the ICC (Interior Command Center). 

PCM is not listed in the Module list after performing an Auto scan of all modules from the DTC report of Auto scan results.  Other modules are listed and displayed as pass or fail.  When I select manual scan of individual modules, PCM is listed when new session is started but disappears after trying to unsuccessfully communicate with PCM in manual mode?

Are you aware of a problem with the software that is causing this?  Is the software capable of communicating with the PCM and ACM in this type of vehicle?

Your help would be very much appreciated?

•   Level 4   
    (141) points
    AutelAfrica

2016-08-19 21:34:45 (Reply to:nikvuko)

I'm also struggling with connection with the Ford Territory. Its doing exactly like your
    falcon. I tried asking for help from support but got no answer. I guess there is a
    problem and the machines can't access this cars.
  Total1 Pages