Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Asian Cars > HOW TO PROGRAM A KEY TO A 2004 NISSAN MA...
HOW TO PROGRAM A KEY TO A 2004 NISSAN MAXIMA

2576 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: 2016-09-19 03:31:18

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    affoauto
    2016-08-16 15:50:02
    Once into the NATS/IMMU, and after entering the 5523 code, it wont let me in any further. Any suggestions?

•   Level 3   
    (79) points
    gblue

2016-08-16 16:01:27 (Reply to:affoauto)

That pin code 5523 may be wrong for that year model car. If not you may have a bad immobilizer unit. I have not had any trouble doing Nissan.

•   Level 5   
    (345) points
    Costee

2016-08-16 21:15:24 (Reply to:affoauto)

For this model, you'll have to obtain  the 5-digit number code from the BCM to convert to the 4-digit pin. Can your tool obtain the 5-digit number code?

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    affoauto
    2016-08-18 17:01:56 (Reply to:Costee)
     Yes I believe so. When I go into PIN read: I get   23070   Can you explain to me how to convert to a working 4 digit? Thanks!

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    affoauto
    2016-08-18 17:51:16 (Reply to:affoauto)
        Thanks Costee for some good info. I think I'm heading in the right direction, but just not there yet.I found the code converter in a different thread, One of the 4 digit codes it gave me,works, but after IMMU initialization, I leave 1st key off for 5 seconds, then to on(not running) for 5 seconds, then off & remove key for 5 seconds, then insert 2nd key(original) and turn on for 5 seconds, then off & remove for 5 seconds. I can then insert new key,& it will start the car, but the red security light is on, I can shut off & start the car several times, but if I switch out keys, or don't start for a couple of minutes, then the new key will not start the car. The original key still works, but cannot get a 2nd key reliably learned to the car. Any help would be great, Thanks in advance!!!

•   Level 5   
    (345) points
    Costee

2016-08-19 07:50:52 (Reply to:affoauto)

I believe the pin used is 6656. You may start the process with the original key. After initialization by the pin proceed in the following manner:

Turn ignition key (1) to the "OFF/LOCK" position and pull it out. WAIT AT LEAST 5 SECONDS.

Insert key (2) into the ignition and turn it to the "ON" position. Do not start the engine.

Wait at least 5 seconds (the Security Lamp will flash 5 times, then it will stop).

Turn the key to "OFF/LOCK" and remove it. Key (2) is now registered.

Insert key (1) into the ignition and turn it to the "ON" position. Do not start the engine.

Wait at least 5 seconds (the Security Lamp will flash 5 times, then it will stop).

Turn the key to "OFF/LOCK" and remove it. Key (1) is now registered.

Re-insert key (2) and turn to the “ON” position for 5 seconds.

Wait at least 5 seconds (The Security Lamp will not flash during this 5-second period.)

Turn the key to the "OFF" position. [This will take the system out of the key registration mode.]

Wait for the Security Lamp to start blinking (approximately 5 seconds).

Hope this helps.

•   Level 5   
    (321) points
    Saabtechkeys

2016-09-19 03:31:18 (Reply to:affoauto)

It could be the transponder in the new key is bad or not present check the transponder,
    and possibly change to a new one I hope it will work
  Total1 Pages