Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > MAXI SCAN MS509
MAXI SCAN MS509

2218 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: 2016-08-22 13:10:42

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    ibizei
    2016-08-18 21:54:26
     Hello I bought a MAXISCAN MS509  and so i have a problem I don't know if it works with this european car MODEL  SEAT Ibiza year 1996 .(with ECU ). it has wolkswagen's  accesories too.

But I connect the OBD MaxiScan and it said that  DATALINK CONNECTOR is not found or something else,

What can I do ? I have to change my MAXISCAN for other one?? It was buy for SPAIN cars and I would like to have spanish assistance if its possible,

THANKS 

•   Level 7   
    (885) points
    fware

2016-08-19 09:07:39 (Reply to:ibizei)

Are you sure that the Seat from 1996 uses/offers OBD2 access ?

The fact that the connector is there does not mean that the communication via OBD2 protocoll is supported.
    It still can be OBD1 = VW KKL own communication and the MS509 does not offer this (as the messages states)

You may need a VAG KKL tool to read the Seat of that age.

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2016-08-22 10:36:29 (Reply to:ibizei)

Hi, MS509 is OBDII code reader so please make sure that the cars are fully OBDII compliant. 
    Kindly be noted that MS509 was quite old product and it has been discontinued for long time. There is no update or support for it available any more. Thanks!

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2016-08-22 13:10:42 (Reply to:ibizei)

I have a Harbor Freight Centech 98614 which I think is a clone of the Autel MS509 , be advised that  the scanner end of the cable on these code scanners have an unconventional pin out arrangement that does not mirror the pinout of the opposite DLC side of the cable like most other code scanner 16pin cables seem to be. Keep this in mind if you are thinking of swapping  a cable from another scan tool to eliminate the cable as possible problem, to prevent damage to something.
      Here is a link to Autel web page of the last known update packs of old product code scanners.I don't know if they would work on the equivalent Centech code scanners so trying  it would be at your own risk.
    http://www.auteltech.com/UpdatesDownloads/429.jhtml#
  Total1 Pages