Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > This is worst scan tool I have ever had
This is worst scan tool I have ever had

2402 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: 2020-08-31 19:18:38

•   Level 2   
    (41) points
    Dakota_don
    2016-09-28 19:33:42

RIGHT BEFORE MY SUBSCRIBTION RAN OUT AUTEL DID AN UPDATE ON MY SCAN TOOL.. THE UPDATE FAILED.. EVERYTHING WORKED FINE TILL THE UPDATE..

CHYRSLER,DODGE,JEEP AND MAZDA HAS NOT WORKED SINCE YOUR UPDATE..

I HAVE TRIED TO CONTACT AUTEL SEVERAL TIMES WITH NO HELP..

MY NUMBER

618 604 4120.. CONTACT ME BETWEEN 1130 AM TO 2 PM CENTRAL TIME I NEED TO RESOLVE THIS ISSUE..

I FEEL SINCE THE SOFTWARE DIDNT WORK FROM THE DAY IT WAS UPDATED I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO PAY FOR A SUBSCRIBTION, AFTER ALL IT WORKED FINE BEFORE YOUR UP-DATE

THANKS

DON

Send

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2016-09-29 17:30:25 (Reply to:Dakota_don)

let me guess they dont reply......

•   Level 7   
    (885) points
    fware

2016-09-30 11:32:32 (Reply to:busaman)

and no backup either, otherwise it would be no issue.

•   Level 1   
    (6) points
    Dens

2020-08-31 11:16:22

I think I also got shafted cause the MK808BT I just purchased for AUD$700 is nothing but a piece of rubbish...I attempted to do "SERVICE" function on a 2009 Mazda2, 2013 Mazda CX-5 and 2013 MG MG6.

On each occasions the tablet said "Not Supported"

All this unit can only do is read & erase engine code light which a $30 code reader from eBay can do just as well.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2020-08-31 19:18:38 (Reply to:Dens)

First of all you dredged up a some old thread over 4 years old.Pretty cool though, ROFL
    A) Did you buy the MK808BT from an authorized dealer in your Geographic region so you can receive full support and can get any necessary repairs performed in your geographic area when you call in instead of dealing with a Amazon seller based in main land china for support?
    B) when you updated the tool, did you update the manufacturers one by one at a time or lazy and just clicked Update all? It is not recommended to click update All since much greater chance of  things becoming  scrambled, or parts of software not taking during installation.
    C ) Basically if you are a entry level technician .IMO , the least expensive tool that will give you the majority of functionality and Bidirectional control ability you will want should be the MS906BT. IMO The MK808 BT is just a higher end DIY , all system code reader/ w clear  and Data reader with a few resets and special functions here and there for certain lines of more popular car models
  Total1 Pages