Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > Does anyone Knw what these codes are for...
Does anyone Knw what these codes are for BMW?

2460 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: 2013-10-10 10:12:00

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    19reaper69
    2013-10-09 17:16:58
     I have a maxidas 708. I have pulled codes on a 2000 BMW x5 and received multiple codes that are not P codes. Code numbers are as follows: 7B,E9,E3,EA,CA,BC,E4,CB,EE,FO. Autel needs to program their tool so that these codes will show in P code format. Does anyone know what these codes are in P code format?

•   Level 4   
    (116) points
    brookie

2013-10-10 09:30:42 (Reply to:19reaper69)

hi dont know what you are testing. ....but they seem to me like adaptation code....these are not P codes. give me more info if you csn.....I will see if I can help. adaptation codes are for the likes of engine/gearbox etc.....these are the codes the car relearns it self with.

•   Level 4   
    (116) points
    brookie

2013-10-10 10:12:00 (Reply to:brookie)

ps. the autel 708 does do P codes.....I have checked and the codes you asked about earlier are definitely adaptation codes, so therefore you must be testing in the DME module and you have gone into Drive module and then into adaptation. .......dont know what you are trying to do or sort out......but if this helps, it is really irrelevant what the codes mean as you cannot change them in any way. ....you can only delete them. in short, the codes are there to show you that the car has gone through a learning drive period (1000mls) it then stops learning. .....so if you clear all adaptations,  you restart the relearn period for the car again.
    hope this answers your question.
  Total1 Pages