Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > wanna buy MS906 but help me decide!
wanna buy MS906 but help me decide!

2763 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2016-11-11 02:38:51

•   Level 2   
    (10) points
    d_autel_london
    2016-11-10 23:36:45
       mainly I need to know whether the MS906 does the following:

injector programming?
    Key/immobilizer coding?
    AUX activation?
    Cruise control activation?
    TMPS coding?
    Speedometer adjustment (different tires)
    Fuel gauge settings
    etc.

All in all, what kind of BIDIRECTIONAL functions MS906 have?

is Launch any better for programming and editing function? which one?

thanks

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2016-11-11 02:38:51 (Reply to:d_autel_london)

The Regular MS906 is said to be the  DS708's replacement .It can be hit or miss like any aftermarket scan tool .It depends on the make and model car and whether or not updating it for newer car actually adds a useful function or renders a former useful function on older coverage inoperative due to legal woes. I don't think it can change edit Pinion factor / Revs per mile (other than just factory tire size options)The DS 708 (which the MS906 is said to replace) used to be the company flagship tool and once said to possess near factory level capability ,but after the Maxi Sys Series came out, then Autel comparison chart shows the coding ability of the DS 708 is "Minimal" and the rest of the Maxi Sys series including the Mini MS905(before the MS906 ) the coding abilities were listed as being "Advanced". I asked and still  don't know any  specific examples of coding capability a regular MS905 or regular MS908 can perform that a D708 or MS906 can't (other than lower cost  regular cabled MS906 no longer has or offers updates for two premium car makes (Maserati and another)and I believe the coding ability is listed same as  DS 708 "Minimal" in comparison chart. 
       My  DS708 can  do immobilizer keys on certain makes and models, I was not able to see the capability to add or delete remote start option on a Ford Fusion so my customer brought to Ford to add the remote start option installed.
     Here is link to latest update coverage charts for Autel Platforms  , so I imagine the newer regular MS906 ( lowest cost maxi sys platform) should be able to do the same and maybe more, and do it at a faster rate of speed.

http://pro.auteltech.com/measurecar-1-1.html?m=4

Total1 Pages