Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > Ford ETIS doesn't recognise MaxiFlash Pr...
Ford ETIS doesn't recognise MaxiFlash Pro J2534

5155 Views 9 Replies Latest reply: 2016-11-20 11:35:36

•   Level 2   
    (28) points
    AmigaSurfer
    2016-11-15 21:23:30

My MaxiFlash Pro J2534 PassThru Progamming Device works great with FORScan http://forscan.org/ I can read, modify and write ASBuild data with FORScan without any problem.

But Ford ETIS http://www.etis.ford.com/  says "No device drivers installed."

Why is my MaxiFlash Pro not recognised by Ford ETIS?

How can I fix this?

The MaxiFlash Pro has the newest firmware 3.17. It is connected to the Notebook via Ethernet port. On the notebook is Windows 7 Professional 64 running. I tried with USB instead of Ethernet and dissabled Enhanced Protected Mode in Internet Explorer. But ETIS still doesn't detect my MaxiFlash Pro.

•   Level 7   
    (817) points
    spikeoo7

2016-11-16 03:49:30 (Reply to:AmigaSurfer)

do you mean ford( fmp ) ford module programming software for the j2534?   the software needs to be configured to the maxiflash pro, installing the driver alone  its not enough.  if you go to start/program/ford motor company/fmp/change j2534 device and choose your maxiflash pro from the list, passthru must be connected and power on to set it up. also when you first open the fmp software it prompts you to configure your passthru device.

•   Level 2   
    (28) points
    AmigaSurfer
    2016-11-16 07:11:27 (Reply to:spikeoo7)

No, I mean Ford ETIS http://www.etis.ford.com/ 

It's an internet application based on JAVA.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2016-11-16 16:10:00 (Reply to:AmigaSurfer)

I think ETIS site is strictly for Dealership Ford techs accessed by dealer code and employee password, It probably just expects IDS and other OE equipment  on the dealer side  and aftermarket equipment used from it is most likely not supported to be used , especially an aftermarket brand that Ford had a lawsuit against for copying stuff in the past. What other reason would you expect.

•   Level 2   
    (28) points
    AmigaSurfer
    2016-11-16 20:42:18 (Reply to:witsend)

No, ETIS is for independent workshops in EU countries.

8<----------------------------------------------------

New opportunities for independent workshops

According to the Euro 5 standard, vehicle manufacturers are obliged to provide technical repair information in their online portals and to make reprogramming of ECUs possible. This information will then be explicitly available not only to authorized dealers but also independent workshops.

Complete service and repair for all brands will be possible for every workshop: From oil change to troubleshooting and on to the configuration and reprogramming of ECUs.

Standardized: Reprogramming of ECUs in accordance with SAE J2534

The standard SAE J2534 (Society of Automotive Engineers) formulates the standardized communication basis for the reprogramming of ECUs in the vehicle. The independent workshop now simply requires a Euro 5-compatible tester, a PC with Windows operating system, USB and an Internet connection to the online portal of the vehicle manufacturer.

[source: Robert Bosch GmbH]

8<----------------------------------------------------

Therefore the MaxiFlash Pro J2534 should theoretical work.

On YouTube there is a video, showing that ETIS works with the much cheaper UCDS.

https://youtu.be/qtzyiqMohLA

Why is my MaxiFlash Pro J2534 not recognised by ETIS but works perfectly with FORScan?

•   Level 7   
    (817) points
    spikeoo7

2016-11-16 21:52:30 (Reply to:AmigaSurfer)

that explains why I never heard of it. here in usa is different, everything is thru motorcraftsevice.com, then either ids yearly sub for the vcm2 or fmp for j2534. we have a site, cant remember the name now, its for information and stuff but nothing related to the used of a j2534.

•   Level 2   
    (28) points
    AmigaSurfer
    2016-11-17 23:27:18 (Reply to:spikeoo7)

I found a log-file from ETIS containing the following line:

8<---------------------------------

WARN  win32.J2534Impl.processRegistry:? - Registry exception
    com.ford.etis.runtime.j2534.win32.reg.RegistryException: Failed to open registry key for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PassThruSupport.04.04

8<---------------------------------

I think maybe this is the problem. I don't have this registry entry. But this seems to be necessary by a clean install. See http://drewtech.com/support/passthru/discovery.html

Where can I get this registry entries for the MaxiFlash Pro?

•   Level 6   
    (457) points
    Jim

2016-11-18 02:23:41 (Reply to:AmigaSurfer)

Email support directly with your problem

I tried editing the register manually for honda software unsuccessfully

Leads to question if driver is still not up to speed v3.17 vs 4.04

have you tried Honda free  J software for comm. testing

this 3.17 was suppose to fix that software as I complained about no comm.

I m out of sub and are hesitant to upgrade jbox again

•   Level 2   
    (28) points
    AmigaSurfer
    2016-11-18 08:31:14 (Reply to:Jim)
     I filled out the technical support form on the website already two times. But I didn't got any response yet.

•   Level 2   
    (28) points
    AmigaSurfer
    2016-11-20 11:35:36 (Reply to:Jim)
     Problem solved.

If the Enhanced Protected Mode in IE is enabled, IE will install and use JAVA 64bit, even if you run it from C:\Program Files (x86).

If the Enhanced Protected Mode in IE is disabled, IE will install and use JAVA 32bit, even if you run it from C:\Program Files.

Disabling the Enhanced Protected Mode in IE, restarting the computer and installing JAVA 32bit solved the problem. Now Ford ETIS find and use the driver dll from MaxiFlash Pro, which is only 32bit.

But a 64bit driver dll for the MaxiFlash Pro would be great. No one know how long IE will still support 32bit on 64bit systems.

Total1 Pages