Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > crankshaft variation relearn
crankshaft variation relearn

3011 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: 2016-11-22 22:39:46

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    Goofysgarage
    2016-11-22 17:59:39
    On my 2001 Chevrolet Blazer when I try to do a crankshaft sensor relearn nothing happens. I rev engine to 4000rpm, fuel cutoff happens, release peddle, says test inprogress, and that is it.

•   Level 7   
    (862) points
    SmogTech87

2016-11-22 19:59:48 (Reply to:Goofysgarage)

Attempt CKP learn procedure as many as 3 times. If PCM receives an incorrect crankshaft to camshaft ratio, PCM will not allow scan tool to enable the learn procedure. Is there any trouble code!

•   Level 5   
    (293) points
    billymck

2016-11-22 22:10:22 (Reply to:Goofysgarage)

make sure you do what it wants...make sure the parking brake input is being seen. lot of people miss that...also I don't keep on the rev limiter..i just accelerate to what is says and take my foot off. other than that I say follow instructions to a tee and you should be good to go..... i'v seen on some scanners that freeze at that step but the varation gets learned...

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2016-11-22 22:39:46 (Reply to:Goofysgarage)

Had the same problem with both my DS708 and Snap On Brick, no confirmation that it relearned crankshaft angle with a 200K mile 99 Chevy Astro with P0300(showed  high misfire counts on cylinders 4 and 5. Relative compression and fuel injector flow tests confirmed no compression or fuel flow deficits. Checked wires, replaced 4 and 5 spark plugs and put on a new cap and rotor, helped a little but still saw misfire counts on 4 and 5 . Ultimately replaced the distributor assembly and resolvedproblem. After a new distributor Did the relearn procedure twice with no confirmation the relearn ever took successfully or not , but just  let it go, because the random misfire issue was resolved.Maybe the timing chain seen better days, but as long as there wasn't a code , I'm not going to keep trying and end up  blowing  a motor. 
  Total1 Pages