Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > Why will my MaxiSys Pro not communicate ...
Why will my MaxiSys Pro not communicate with the Engine Management System of a Euro market Nissan D22 equipped with the YD25DDTi Diesel engine whereas my cheaper CarmanScan Lite does so at ease?

2365 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: 2017-01-08 16:13:56

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    lindopark
    2017-01-04 23:49:54
     Sorry for posting complete question in Subject Box.
    I need an explanation nonetheless.
    It appears that the more frequently I install the offered updates available, that the tool gets less effective.
    I also attempted to scan a British Market Jeep Grand Cherokee today and was again embarrassed since my MaxiSys Pro was incapable.
    I am very disappointed and need some explanations or resolution to these issues.

David

•   Level 3   
    (66) points
    le houx

2017-01-05 16:09:53 (Reply to:lindopark)

Did you look in navara? D22 are listed by themselves as I've scanned one myself.
    But I agree this tool is a huge let down for similar reasons .

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    lindopark
    2017-01-06 00:55:43 (Reply to:le houx)
    Yes I did look in Navara and I was able to manually select the vehicle but after 15 or more minutes of scanning, the tool was only able to report on the ABS and one other system which I can't recall now.
    Heard from Autel's Amy Lan who commented that the Navara is "old" as are its protocols and that there is no solution.
    I'm sure glad about keeping my CarmanScan lite. 

Hello Sir,

For this car it is of old protocol and there is some problem with coverage of these old protocol cars. Sorry that there is no solution for this problem so far. We will arrange engineers to be abroad to do field tests and fix the problem by then. Thanks!

Best Regards
    Amy Lan
    Overseas Tech Support
    Autel Intelligent Technology Corp., Ltd.
    Tel: (+86)755-22672493
    E-mail: support03@autel.com    Web: www.autel.com

Can't say that I'm exactly happy to hear this Amy since I expected the thing to be capable of coverage of 06 vehicles to current.
    Fingers crossed since the place is littered with Navaras.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2017-01-08 16:13:56 (Reply to:lindopark)

I think that sending in data logs and complaining only serves Autel as a Basic  Barometer to engineers whether a new update is a total failure and needs emergency patch updates to restore functionality of the entire car line and not to cut open an entire Block of  Swiss Cheese  to fill the holes with Limburger, just to make someone's day go better. Sorry to say, but I think the chance of that might not be any  better than a Beer F@rt has in a Wind Storm when you Cut the Cheese.LMAO
  Total1 Pages