Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > W212 air mass meter programming
W212 air mass meter programming

2794 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: 2017-04-23 07:24:30

•   Level 2   
    (13) points
    Tom
    2017-01-22 18:57:39
     Hello,

I own a MS906BT and had a problem after installing a new air mass meter in a W212 benz (om651 engine). It generates a P010129 code. Then i replaced the air mass meter with a new one but then its impossible to delete the faultcode. I went to the dealerschip to let them do it and they say there is a certain vallue dat you need to set to zero.
    Is it correct that the MS906BT is not able tot perfom this action or am i doing something wrong?

Thank you!

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf

2017-01-23 19:35:46 (Reply to:Tom)

You don't need to change your Air Mass Sensor in first place..................All you need to do is replace the Air Filter and look for a option in replacement parts and reset the Air Filter Values and clear your fault code and you should be fine to go mate.............The ECU is sensing low air flow from the air mass meter because of your dirty air filter................And just in case your air mass was faulty and you need to change than there is also an option for reset air mass value which you will need to reset to get the air mass fault code clear........Good Luck

•   Level 2   
    (13) points
    Tom
    2017-02-07 09:04:46 (Reply to:Ashraf)
     Thank you for the reply. Problem wasn't the air filter and I actually did reset the air filter value but the fault code stayd in place.

Do you know where to find the option to reset the air mass value? 

Thank you!

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf

2017-04-23 07:24:30 (Reply to:Tom)

It should be in the same place where you found the Air Filter Reset Option..............Or in Component (Parts) Replacement.........
  Total1 Pages