Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > where can I buy an activation code for 1...
where can I buy an activation code for 1 more uear of software updates?

1896 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: 2017-02-14 05:21:01

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    Mehtamotors
    2017-02-09 14:55:11
     I see the "redeem" tab where you enter the code but im not sure where to purchase it. I would much rather purchase it through this site rather than an unknown third party site that may not be legitimate. That does not seem to be an option though. Perhaps a link on this site to a legit seller would be useful.  This should be an easy/simple process! Ive been trying unsuccessfully to get a straight answer to this for two weeks now.
    -Shawn

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    Tony

2017-02-09 19:24:36 (Reply to:Mehtamotors)

I have purchased mine from NAPA. I have previously purchased for Carlos at www.aeswave.com
    You get a card with the code on it.

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    Mehtamotors
    2017-02-13 15:33:50 (Reply to:Tony)
     Thanks Tony!  Carlos at aeswave said Autel has stopped selling updates for the 708 at this time. Not sure why the tech support guy couldn't just tell me that or simply state that in one of the many ignored e-mails I sent.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2017-02-14 05:21:01 (Reply to:Mehtamotors)

I think what ever software you get for the DS708 that is available now for purchase is basically the same software levels that you would have  downloaded back a year ago. Maybe some 2015 and 2016 car coverage . Software was supposed to be supported with updates through 2020 , but  Approximately 6 months after the DS708 was discontinued from production, the  updates for it allegedly slowed to almost nothing, and people that bought a year of updates for it thought they wasted their money . If you buy a so called DS708 "Update" it is basically is and probably still remain "Restore" software to get a DS708 back working again for unfortunate souls that never created working backup software and likely not going to get any car make versions updated from what present levels are today until the last chance to do ceases the end of December 2017. Support would not weigh in to say if anything will get updated further to provide additional coverage added for 2017 and 2018 cars with a DS708 update purchase, so we must assume a DS708 Update is not going to get any more new coverage added to what the levels are at now and were at a year ago.    
  Total1 Pages