Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > chrysler update 7.50 at end of month....
chrysler update 7.50 at end of month....

2071 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: 2017-02-10 11:11:05

•   Level 5   
    (293) points
    billymck
    2017-02-09 21:04:59

there are some issues I'm having with early Chryslers in active test, and some resets that "don't". got an email that says issues I'm having will be resolved with the new release.....just passing on the news...

bill

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2017-02-09 22:17:10 (Reply to:billymck)

If I recall there have been software issues with functionality with older Chrysler products  from Pre Maxisys days that in theory should have been resolved  from the hundreds of datalogs that were sent in, but management decides  that if the problem issn't big enough to crash the tablet and affect enough models in the car line to justify a customer riot and class action lawsuit  the problems never  get resolved and just get buried under newer car coverage that seems a much bigger priority than draining a 2 ton grain silo to get get rid of 50 pounds of rat feces.

•   Level 5   
    (293) points
    billymck
    2017-02-10 03:52:41 (Reply to:witsend)

hey witsend, well I got the 905 and had issues in earlier versions, and they finally got everything working in ver7.01 and I wasn't going to touch it but I support sent me a whole new unit, and it was on automatic update and didn't catch it in time/or didn't think anything of it...anyways at least they know of the problem and should be fixed real soon.....I hate to grab another scanner when this was working just fine on a prior update....cheers...

bill

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2017-02-10 11:11:05 (Reply to:billymck)

It sounds like you got some live ones on the other end that seem to care. Seems like management has largely forbid Support from  trying to help any users on forum any longer. I'm just frustrated trying to find out if I spent $419 for a DS 708 update sub that will cease end of  December 2017 will see any final major update to anything, especially Chrysler and Ford before updates for it finally cease , or should it just be considered 18 month old restore software for a discontinued tool for an unfortunate soul without backup software and will just remain at levels it's stuck at presently?
         Since 2014 on DS708 Chrysler only went up one hundredth of a decimal point from version 7.10 to present 7.11 and Ford version 9.00 to version 9.13.
      Also trying to figure out what examples of useful Advanced coding do I get with a new  MS905 Mini (that actually work) that I won't see on  on my DS708? The only ones I can think of might see be more diesel injector coding. I got  battery registration on DS708 where you look for a BMW codes on battery , but  how to do non stock CCA battery replacements, entry ? , Non stock tire sizes revs per mile or gear ratio pinion factor changing without using a J2534 and a OE sub?
      I'm kinda thinking other than missing Masserati and Bentley the base DS 708 and  MS 906 got the same basic software and non j2534 minimal coding abilities as you  get with the others claiming advanced coding abilities ,(unless Autel has intentionallly dumbed down the DS708 capabilities from Pre Maxi Sys days) until someone puts them side by side and can show me ,See, you need this important coding function right  here on the MS905 for this Dodge model , and look on my old DS 708, this important coding function is not available , so until I see good examples,  I'm skeptical 
  Total1 Pages