Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > I have Benz S320 No crank and no start a...
I have Benz S320 No crank and no start and battery is fine I did the starter jump start is crank but is not firing please sassist

2273 Views 9 Replies Latest reply: 2017-04-28 17:32:17

•   Level 2   
    (20) points
    Maangaza
    2017-04-20 06:41:19
     Hi All
    Please assist as following I have Benz S320 No crank and no start and battery is fine I did the starter jump start is crank but is not firing, I did the test with Maxisy Pro I hade this result as following below

1. ETC-Electronic transmission control(Code P2311), One or more messages from the ECM are unavailable on the CAN bus. ( CAN timeout fault

2. ETC-Electronic transmission control (Code P2312), One or more messages from the ECM are unavailable on the CAN bus. ( CAN timeout fault )
     to be honest I am new with this type of Vehicle please assist

file:  untitled.pdf

•   Level 7   
    (1473) points
    Kevin H

2017-04-20 23:45:27 (Reply to:Maangaza )

It sounds like the ECM (ME) is not powering up. Check and see which controllers you can "talk" to, the PSE, instrument cluster, brakes, air bags and so forth. 
     It sounds like the ECM is either not powered up or possibly is bad, maybe water intrusion. 
     Post what modules that talk to the scan tool and get the codes from them and post them also. 
    Kevin 

•   Level 5   
    (232) points
    nikkoms

2017-04-21 05:54:46 (Reply to:Maangaza )

I would ensure proper power and ground connections at the ECM, check all fuses. Those codes indicate that the ECM is not communicating over the CAN lines. 

•   Level 2   
    (20) points
    Maangaza
    2017-04-22 00:11:11 (Reply to:Kevin H)

Hi Kevin, thanks for your assistance,
    I open the ECU after your suspect I found  water intrusion and other Sacket look like damage can I send some photo to you please advice.
    Maangaza

•   Level 2   
    (20) points
    Maangaza
    2017-04-22 00:14:24 (Reply to:nikkoms)

Hi Nikkoms
    Thanks for your assistance, I open the ECU  I found  water intrusion and other Sacket look like damage, please advice what is next.
    Maangaza.

•   Level 5   
    (232) points
    nikkoms

2017-04-22 08:08:54 (Reply to:Maangaza )

You will need to replace & reprogram that ECU, and either cut/splice new ECU connectors or replace the entire engine wiring harness if they are corroded. Was this a flood vehicle? That ECU should be tucked away where no water should ever get to.  

•   Level 7   
    (1473) points
    Kevin H

2017-04-22 16:31:33 (Reply to:Maangaza )

Maangaza, Iam glad you found the problem. Now you are in a jamb. If you purchase a reman ECM (Mercedes calls them MEs) it will need programmed. Mercedes wants $1000 for a license to download calibrations for the ME.There is a place in Michigan that sells them programmed (I think) but I cant remember their name. Beckmann Technologies may be able to sell you a programmed unit if you send them your old ME and they are able to retrieve the data from it to load into the new one. They have a website, check them out.
     You are not the first person to have water intrusion in the ME. Its fairly common. Good luck!
    Kevin

•   Level 2   
    (20) points
    Maangaza
    2017-04-23 20:26:57 (Reply to:Kevin H)
     Hi Kevin, thanks for your assistance and to let me know availability of MEs. I expected to have one but is not programed, please let me know is it possible to programed by my self, with MaxiSy Pro include Maxi Flash J2534 ECU Programming Device? I hope to hear from you with your assistance.
    Maangaza  

•   Level 7   
    (1473) points
    Kevin H

2017-04-23 22:12:59 (Reply to:Maangaza )

I`m sorry to say that you will not be able to program it with your Autel. Your Autel could code it, but you need to download the program from Mercedes. Here in the US, Mercedes wants $1000 US for the download. If you are in Europe it may be different. You can search for Beckmann Technologies in the US onbthe internet and give them a call. They can probably help you. If you are not in the US, I don`t know. Beckmanns number is (800) 742-1021. Good luck!

•   Level 2   
    (20) points
    Maangaza
    2017-04-28 17:32:17 (Reply to:Kevin H)
     Hi Kevin
    Thanks for your hospitality.
    Cheers
    Maangaza
  Total1 Pages