Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > Strange BMW Codes- Tech support says it'...
Strange BMW Codes- Tech support says it's because I updated all at once?

2650 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: 2017-06-30 08:02:11

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    DKAuto
    2017-06-26 12:28:11
     I have an 06 BMW x5 3.0 I'm working on and I scanned it and found 6 codes stored, however they're all strange number/letter codes that I can find no information for online. I'm using an MS906 that I just purchased a month ago. I've updated everything I can find to update to no avail.

1. EB   DME: Trimming, oxygen sensor before cat, bank 1
    2. 1E   DME: Activation, ignition, cylinder 3
    3. E4   DME: Fuel trim bank 2, permissible range exceeded
    4. E3   DME: Fuel trim bank 1, permissible range exceeded
    5. A     DME: SIgnal, sensor, coolant temperature, engine
    6. 7A   DME: Signal, sensor, engine-oil temperature

I called tech support and the gentleman said that because I selected "update all" when updating my scan tool that it corrupted the file and I need to have him remote in and wipe the card and start from scratch. Anyone here have experience with this? It seems foolish to have an "update all" option available if it's going to corrupt the system.

Also, on the BMW, it shows that there is freeze frame data available for some of the codes, but when I click on the freeze frame icon it then says something along the lines of "no data available".

I later scanned the BMW in Global OBDII mode and the codes displayed as follows:

1. P0313 - Misfire detected with low fuel, (stored)
    2. P0117 - Engine coolant temperature sensor 1 circuit low (stored)
    3. P0171 - System too lean bank 1 (stored)
    4. P0174 - System too lean bank 2 (stored)
    5. P1092 - Pre catalyst fuel trim system too lean bank 2 (stored)
    6. P0313 - Misfire detected with low fuel (pending)

Thanks for any input you may have.

Dan

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2017-06-26 14:02:15 (Reply to:DKAuto)

Seems like the normal Funky Farfignuugen way that BMW goes about  displaying it's Engine controller codes. It would be real nice if it had  the generic OBD2 equivalent P code equivalent next to it each, so you don't have to pull out a book , go into Generic OBD2, or by an Enigma Decoder to give the DME a Code Enema.

•   Level 3   
    (58) points
    karkoush

2017-06-30 08:02:11

I think you have a fuel delevery problem, check the fuel trim pressure and see if the fuel filter is clogged and check if the fuel pump is working properly
    If they are good check for a vaccum leak but I don't think it is the reason
    Is the car is stalling when you start it?
    Also you have to solve the coolant sensor temp to prevent it from staying in an openloop
  Total1 Pages